Narromine AusFly 2018

Love to fly

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely some Pitts! They looked great in the SAAA hangar overnight. Loads of RV's. Many others. We counted 164 planes well before everyone had flown in. Never got around to doing a final count, but it would have been much higher as heaps came in on Thursday afternoon and Friday.

Apart from the obvious bad weather this was a great fly in ! I was unable to fly due to weather from the Mid North Coast, to get there or back ! the long drive was worth it ! And yes there were lots of Pitts and others doing their thing in the sky, a few formation Aero's too !

We were lucky with the weather as we flew in on the Tuesday to help with the preparation. Great flight down from Lightning Ridge. Then flew home to Moorabbin yesterday. Apart from a strong headwind it was perfect conditions. Saturday morning the weather was lousy, but it came good in time for the flying displays.

Very good few days. I drove in. Seminars were good except that the aerobatics didn’t go ahead, I heard that the presenter was stuck in Sydney. The only black spot was theAOPA president went half hour over time and ignored signals to wind it up. I will not be rejoining AOPA.

It was possible to get near the aircraft, not like last year. Also I never got a chance to make gold coin donation. Free entry. Only big name missing was Oz Runways.

I thought it was a great effort by all.

I was also looking for Bolly, or the other prop maker's, Must have been hiding,

A big plane was parked in-front of the viewing area, and us wobbly legged oldies had to sit on the grass to see around it.

796037865_formationflyer3.jpg.96c47b79e0ee8f9adb27da8d72b9c259.jpg

ThisOneHoney.jpg.2c26805ad725de91c41e04525740e562.jpg

The phone camera isn't as good as a zoom-lens camera for aerial shots.

spacesailor

20181020_115621.jpg.00878a35f409986c26800e8ce83f99e4.jpg

formationflyers.jpg.35590ce7f28c8fe21a92cbba9595df4f.jpg

VeiwBlocker.jpg.88d0ce0922d7d3fccbb2e2dfc2c20305.jpg

I thought it was a great effort by all.I was also looking for Bolly, or the other prop maker's, Must have been hiding,

A big plane was parked in-front of the viewing area, and us wobbly legged oldies had to sit on the grass to see around it.

spacesailor

Think we might have chatted outside the Glider Club.

Did the AOPA president have anything nice to say about RAA after recent events?

I wasn’t there to ask either the SAAA or AOPA management in open forum about the relationship between those organisations and RAAus, as I had hoped to do. However, after I wrote in this forum about asking the RAAus management at Airventure Cessnock about the relationship, I was contacted by the SAAA President who explained the background to the current lack of cooperation between RAAus and the other sport aviation bodies. It was interesting to hear his perspective and at the same time disappointing to know that there is such a big chasm between two organisations that in essence, represent individuals such as all of us here that have the common passion that is recreational flying.

• Agree 1

Seminars were good except that the aerobatics didn’t go ahead, I heard that the presenter was stuck in Sydney.

The two presenters named on the programme to talk about aerobatics were both there.

Photos from Facebook. No credit to me! In the background of the one you can see the plane camping area. More plane parking was on the left out of sight. And the display aircraft were parked along the apron right around to the SAAA hangar.

FB_IMG_1540208694414.jpg.37b60f231a3a09aaf71bca76199f0b2d.jpg

FB_IMG_1540208734162.jpg.ca2cb711cbf4a7b05ed9b7f0ee8f30c0.jpg

• Like 1