Microlights and RPT

Be careful, that can swing the other way and they dig in more....

Once it is forced into the open and he puts his cards on the table, it will be very easy to prove all his points wrong, I am just not in the mood for all the drama :)

So how is this going Cali, its an interesting topic and I'm certainly keen to see where it has gone so far. I also fly Trikes at Bunbury and have to say it seems to work quite well of course there will always be people that do not follow correct procedure but they come from all areas of aviation.

Ombudsman is the best bet Cali, you’re aircraft is certfied.

This knob just has a hard on, he has no right to refuse you.

I would just take off and land in any case, what is he going to do, it is not a private strip is it? If it is council owned he cannot discriminate against you.

You could find yourself in a discriminating situation where the council might be paying you’re hanger fees for the next few years with the compensation awarded to you.

Me I would set up the trike in the hangar you are paying for and give him the bird as you taxi past

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Point 4 from ERSAAll non VH registered aircraft need PPR.

Any airport owner can have anything printed in the ERSA. It does not mean just because a discriminatory rule is published in the ERSA at the behest of the writer that it is constitutionally legal or enforceable.

• Agree 2

So how is this going Cali, its an interesting topic and I'm certainly keen to see where it has gone so far. I also fly Trikes at Bunbury and have to say it seems to work quite well of course there will always be people that do not follow correct procedure but they come from all areas of aviation.

Nothing happening at the moment. I am working away in Onslow at the moment, but will fly back to Geraldton tomorrow.

• 10 months later...

I can finally report back on this issue. After a very long struggle, we now have full permission to fly out of the Geraldton airport. It took lots of back and forth correspondence, but in the end it was the retirement of a director at the city and the resignation of the airport manager that brought the breakthrough. As soon as the new airport manager stepped in to his role, things started to happen. We now have a airport manager who enjoys and encourages recreational aviation.

Happy days!

• Like 4
  • Winner 3

I can finally report back on this issue. After a very long struggle, we now have full permission to fly out of the Geraldton airport. It took lots of back and forth correspondence, but in the end it was the retirement of a director at the city and the resignation of the airport manager that brought the breakthrough. As soon as the new airport manager stepped in to his role, things started to happen. We now have a airport manager who enjoys and encourages recreational aviation.

Happy days!

Good news indeed. But, your experience speaks volumes for the industry experience in dealing with these vexatious despots.  Now would be a very smart time to write a letter to the editor of the local paper, with a copy to Council, congratulating them on their support of small operators at the airport. You might also note that the City have already adjusted landing charges for light aircraft from a charge everyone basis - to nil charge if under 1000kg. I know, not great if you have a >1000kg machine, but at least it provides all RAAus aircraft with essentially freedom from landing charges. Bravo!!  As to the prior permission required for non-VH registered aircraft: you might be best to work with your new and more enlightened manager to have this modified. At the very least, for any resident aircraft, or for regularly visiting (non VH-), aircraft you should be able to organise a once off 'approval' to cover you annually, or even better.

happy days,

• Agree 2