RAA Registration search - Coming Soon!

Noticed on the RAA website today that in the members section under the Aircraft tab is a registration search function with a "coming soon" note. Curious to know how much information will be included here and when it will be online, airport operators will be hopeful. Here is the screen dump.

upload_2018-7-10_22-37-10.png.c22082c1b617416534427e1747bfe4d0.png

• Informative 1

It's going to be rego number, make & model. No name & address, colour of undies and shoe size.

Basically it will help answer the question "What is that aircraft?" without giving airport operators and others your details in order to bill or advertise to you.

• Agree 1
  • Helpful 1

Congratulations to RAAus for keeping personal information private as required by law.

CASA, on the other hand, in an act of absolute arrogance, publish all details including name and address to the world on the internet.

When asked how they justify breaching the Privacy Principles, their answer was because they wrote a regulation permitting them to do this.

So any would be home invader can see I own an aeroplane and decide I must be a good prospect for a robbery.

Kaz

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

Congratulations to RAAus for keeping personal information private as required by law.CASA, on the other hand, in an act of absolute arrogance, publish all details including name and address to the world on the internet.

When asked how they justify breaching the Privacy Principles, their answer was because they wrote a regulation permitting them to do this.

So any would be home invader can see I own an aeroplane and decide I must be a good prospect for a robbery.

Kaz

Ditto with your car registration.

Our aerodrome is maintained by all of us that own hangars. That costs each owner $500.00 a year and there is a $200.00 usage fee for aircraft owners and all the labour for mowing, fence repairs drainage & other maintenance etc is from volunteers . Then we have people fly in and do not pay the measly $5.00 landing fee ($10.00 GA) but use the toilets and often the Aero clubhouse if it is open. Payment is by an an honesty box. At least for GA we can find out who but not for RA. I'd like to be able to send the bill to RA-Aus for them to pay or pass on. That will never happen. To be fair these non payers are the minority. Perhaps there should be a page somewhere where I can state 24-xxxx landed here to day & didn't pay.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Our aerodrome is maintained by all of us that own hangars. That costs each owner $500.00 a year and there is a $200.00 usage fee for aircraft owners and all the labour for mowing, fence repairs drainage & other maintenance etc is from volunteers . Then we have people fly in and do not pay the measly $5.00 landing fee ($10.00 GA) but use the toilets and often the Aero clubhouse if it is open. Payment is by an an honesty box. At least for GA we can find out who but not for RA. I'd like to be able to send the bill to RA-Aus for them to pay or pass on. That will never happen. To be fair these non payers are the minority. Perhaps there should be a page somewhere where I can state 24-xxxx landed here to day & didn't pay.

The problem with a name-and-shame page and an honesty box is how do you know that nothing was put in?

Short of the box being empty before and after you risk naming and shaming when there is no shame to be given out.

And exactly the same as you in the airfield I used in the UK was funded by hangar/club member fees and landing fees on an honesty box when the canteen was closed. its a fact of life that there are people who do not act fairly and so long as they are the minority its more of an aggravation than a real problem

• Agree 1

CASA, on the other hand, in an act of absolute arrogance, publish all details including name and address to the world on the internet.

So do many other countries registers, to a greater or lesser extent. CASA conform to the normal practice:

Canada 321555236_canadianregister.JPG.e70ca2c20c66aa06aa0b5fa1f5e283c8.JPG

Netherlands 889393387_Netherlandsregister.JPG.9a101fcc64ede3436156875b08658f72.JPG

New Zealand 1028134821_NZregister.JPG.38bd1d6376b17dadff02ab3efbfcdea1.JPG

UK 989307885_UKregister.JPG.fd96a9b6dc3b8a426d20a8a09000dc2d.JPG

USA 693201114_USregister.JPG.612a1847cc483f1b9caf15e7c90000cb.JPG

I use these facilities to verify the make and model of the photos I use in the thread "Guess This Aircraft".

I also use airport-data.com. When uploading a new registration to the database, the following information is sought. Owner and address can be loaded as "Private, Australia".

166471265_A-Dplanedata.JPG.3ac1a2c64c24db9188f96fb60e738c34.JPG

418009757_canadianregister.JPG.dba231e96762492f745acbc0f8699f14.JPG

329848095_NZregister.JPG.592a2d60abf653915b12abdcf6eb7a03.JPG

2016875200_UKregister.JPG.f559b3e3bbab0f104e9889a6dfc78951.JPG

1627729830_USregister.JPG.31310c87996675c61b92c2c5b71f02cf.JPG

1838078905_Netherlandsregister.JPG.14c90e2cafb6d2a7e57b2015bbc63709.JPG

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I was informed by the CEO a year or so back that RAAus will have to publish the register once Part149 comes in.

It is not only the aircraft register that is on line in alot of countries but also the register of Radio Licences. My Amateur Radio Licence Is available for viewing on the ACMA website. Many other countries publish their Licence data also.

Guys, the "Coming soon" has been there for many years and in fact was there when the web site first went up so probably not worth mentioning

• Agree 1

The problem with a name-and-shame page and an honesty box is how do you know that nothing was put in?Short of the box being empty before and after you risk naming and shaming when there is no shame to be given out.

And exactly the same as you in the airfield I used in the UK was funded by hangar/club member fees and landing fees on an honesty box when the canteen was closed. its a fact of life that there are people who do not act fairly and so long as they are the minority its more of an aggravation than a real problem

We do get the odd $5 or $10 deposited anonymously but most people use the envelopes supplied & put their name, date, rego & $ amount in the specified places. I clear the box every time I am there which is at least 3 times a week & when other aerodrome users tell me that certain aircraft were there on a particular day it is easy to determine if they have paid or not. If just cash is found in the box I'd give them the benefit of doubt.

And I would always contribute at a privately maintained airfield. It’s the Council controlled airports that annoy me intensely.

Shepparton introduced landing fees at the beginning of the year and attendance at our flyin breakfasts and lunches has plummeted. Our club spends most of its time trying to raise money to pay the clubhouse and hangar site lease and rates charged by them ($11500 pa).

Council has just announced it will,spend $2.1m on bike tracks and not $1 is recovered from users. There is a network of walking tracks around the lake in town, picnic facilities and boating facilities, but no use pays fee. I don’t ride a bike, walk the lake, or picnic there or sail a boat but my rates go to paying for these facilities. I don’t skateboard either but there is a $0.5m skatepark paid for with general rate revenue. I don’t object because they are assets that assist and benefit the community.

BUT so does the airport! We have several flights of the Air Ambulance and RFDS daily. The CFA base their helicopter there over the summer and the pilot, fuel tanker driver and half a dozen CFA guys use our club rooms at no cost. In fact everyone uses our club rooms rather than the terminal.

So I object to them charging fees to visitors arriving in private flights and so obviously do the large number of Pilots now staying away in droves.

Kaz

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

And I would always contribute at a privately maintained airfield. It’s the Council controlled airports that annoy me intensely.Shepparton introduced landing fees at the beginning of the year and attendance at our flyin breakfasts and lunches has plummeted. Our club spends most of its time trying to raise money to pay the clubhouse and hangar site lease and rates charged by them ($11500 pa).

Council has just announced it will,spend $2.1m on bike tracks and not $1 is recovered from users. There is a network of walking tracks around the lake in town, picnic facilities and boating facilities, but no use pays fee. I don’t ride a bike, walk the lake, or picnic there or sail a boat but my rates go to paying for these facilities. I don’t skateboard either but there is a $0.5m skatepark paid for with general rate revenue. I don’t object because they are assets that assist and benefit the community.

BUT so does the airport! We have several flights of the Air Ambulance and RFDS daily. The CFA base their helicopter there over the summer and the pilot, fuel tanker driver and half a dozen CFA guys use our club rooms at no cost. In fact everyone uses our club rooms rather than the terminal.

So I object to them charging fees to visitors arriving in private flights and so obviously do the large number of Pilots now staying away in droves.

Kaz

Drove past there a few weeks ago, it's looking shabby.

My guess is the core of flying enthusiasts which made the airport what it was, and constantly reinforced its public service factor, is long gone and their successors are just drifting along.

Bike tracks are the dream of the current generation of Councillors, and more particularly Officers pushing "sustainability" etc.

I was invited to a community meeting by a Councillor this week. An area which was reserved as Green Wedge Zone, had been corruptly changed to residential by a developer, who had on-sold it to real estate agents as soon as it had been rezoned Residential, without changing the country lanes to four lane roads, or providing public transport, schools, health centres, community hubs etc. You'll be irritated to know that you and I are paying for subsidised public transport, and a duplicated school so far, with a community hall and duplicated high school yet to come out of our pockets. The Meeting had been requested by the new residents, who had paid top dollar for homes without services, and now wanted to exclude through traffic from their estate, and ban trucks from "their" roads. All was going well and the Council Traffic Engineer was suggesting that traffic calming devices would be put in the program, when I stood up and explained that the road going through the estate was the main north-south freight route, and trucks could not be banned, and any calming devices would create pressure on the Council to remove them. Not only that, but the Council had rezoned a huge area on that road for Industrial use and already the factories were being built, so the road would be access for hundreds of trucks each day. The traffic engineer looked stunned; clearly no one had told him of the planning decisions, and I imagine it would have been an interesting week inside the Council offices as they try to solve that one.

My point is that the good Councillors and Officers of Greater Shepparton may be completely unaware of the effect on the airport you are referring to.

• Agree 1

Shepparton airport will go the same way as the mall (empty) . I have stopped flying into Shepp since landing fees and I own a business in Shepp . Landing fees plus cab fares its cheaper and more convenient to drive. All I will say is ,I pay rates too.

• Agree 1

We've planned Shepp a few times. But didn't know about lunches? Thought it was breakfast? And even at 10 it's proved too hard to make it from Moorabbin in winter. Landing fees haven't been what's stopped us.

• Informative 1

Landing fees are objectionable as they penalise only pilots. Bike riders , disable vehicles etc , do not pay anything and are a greater risk for the council, not to mention use more council infrastructure than the flying family.

People who are bleating about being charged or volunteering around their hangars , your not on your own, every pilot is paying or working around their hangar . Do you want visiting pilots who spend money in your town to pay twice. You pay for yours , I pay for mine and it’s even . Come and land with me and wait for me to come out and bend your ear about all things aeronautical , then we will have cup of tea together. Flyers are fantastic people

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

That is exactly why I never register anything! They get Nothing!

We

Congratulations to RAAus for keeping personal information private as required by law.CASA, on the other hand, in an act of absolute arrogance, publish all details including name and address to the world on the internet.

Kaz[/quoteS

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've always thought it was a bit strange that CASA (cretins against sensible aviation) was able to publish private info.

It would be even stranger if the Raa done the same without consulting its members first.

I was just looking at the airstrip locations on this site and there is almost no information or locations of private air strips on it .

lm wondering if it's not possible to list your private airstrip , any answers?

lm wondering if it's not possible to list your private airstrip , any answers?

On this site under Airstrips

In the AOPA Airfield Directory

In the Country Airflields - you'll have to google that one - one directory per State?

Things you have to consider - by publishing you have declared to Council, neighbours, public that you have an active strip. Make sure your insurance and approvals are in place. Best to state "Prior Permission Required" so you have some control.

Nah!

Don't think I'll bother, sounds Like a head spin.

Last time a bloke decided to pay a friendly unannounced visit he tried landing on the taxi way and went through the fence, he was OK but his Sapphire wasn't the gem it once was.

Crap! That's a short runway.

Yer, but ain't it wide!

If any one is interested there is a Lycoming for sale on Gumtree search under Lycoming.