RAA Registration search - Coming Soon!

It is not necessary for a listing of registration data to contain personal information. Listings can contain the data aviation enthusiasts are interested in to identify aircraft types without disclosing personal or identifying details.

713272397_aircraftdatacorp.JPG.156989406b2007cbac054a3b6c0359c6.JPG

2039740448_aircraftdata.JPG.766409910cdae7acc54446bafa0b647d.JPG

That looks oright!

I've bin tryin to find where all the other RV4's are to have a yarn an maybe a roundup but so far not much luck.

If there was a registry with a contact and without all the personal details it would be a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...
if you do a 'touch and go' at one of these aviation cash .................. I presume there is no fee payable ?

It is a bit hard to throw your $5 into the honesty box when doing a touch and go.

• Informative 1

Shepparton introduced landing fees at the beginning of the year and attendance at our flyin breakfasts and lunches has plummeted.

Agree Kaz,

I fly out of YBDG and have heard a few local pilots whingeing about your landing fees. You put on a great lunch and are a friendly bunch!

Hope we don't end up like you guys at Bendigo!

Part of the attraction of flying to country airports are most are free and friendly....tell that to our local councils.

I think we all realise that aerodromes don't get built and maintained for nothing but we are remarkable reluctant to kick in we also all whinge about them closing or the lack of them.. Excessive fees kill aerodromes for sure BUT let's get a bit real. If you expect to use them you should expect it to cost you something. Nev

• Agree 2

I think we all realise that aerodromes don't get built and maintained for nothing but we are remarkable reluctant to kick in we also all whinge about them closing or the lack of them.. Excessive fees kill aerodromes for sure BUT let's get a bit real. If you expect to use them you should expect it to cost you something. Nev

That’s what council rates are for. I do not use the library or most of the parks and skate facilities or even the roads around here but through various taxes and rates I pay for them.

It’s part of being in a society of people with various different groups.

• Agree 3

That’s what council rates are for. I do not use the library or most of the parks and skate facilities or even the roads around here but through various taxes and rates I pay for them. It’s part of being in a society of people with various different groups.

Well that's actually a very compelling argument; your rates pay for:

• multi million dollar Community Hubs for groups to hold meetings in and old people to gather

• Football grounds

• Soccer Grounds

• Netball/Basketball/Tennis Courts

• Caravan Parks

• Dance Halls

• Parks

• Swimming Pools

The aerodrome fits neatly alongside these.

• Agree 3

They are not all council operated. Those that are can be sold/ subdivided at the whim of a simple majority of councilors. Some are leased commonwealth property and it's anybody's guess what's going on.. The whole thing is an unpredictable situation and where investment is required that's not good enough for Aviation continuity, which needs a degree of certainty.. Who thinks the current arrangement is satisfactory? Nev

Our Aerodrome (YSGR) was council operated and poorly maintained. We (owners of hangars) lobbied Council and got the Crown Lease transferred to us. It is now very well maintained & we recently resealed the 1000 metre strip. It costs around 30k to operate for a year which includes a sinking fund reserve to go towards runway resealing etc. All the labour required for mowing, fencing, equipment maintenance & other upkeep is by volunteers. A $5.00 landing fee ($10.00 for GA) is a very small contribution towards this cost. Some people still whinge about it though or just don't put anything in the honesty box.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

3% do 99% of the work. What's new?. At least you have some certainty and control. I've kicked in dough a few times to keep aerodromes from being closed. You never know when the battle starts again. Look at Benalla, Goulburn, Kyneton... lots of places. It's rare to have a place that runs well.. Nev

3% do 99% of the work. What's new?. At least you have some certainty and control. I've kicked in dough a few times to keep aerodromes from being closed. You never know when the battle starts again. Look at Benalla, Goulburn, Kyneton... lots of places. It's rare to have a place that runs well.. Nev

I don’t think there was much interest in saving Benalla; maybe the gliders have gone somwhere else. The town seems depressed, a lot of shops vacant. I couldn’t get any computer items there, had to go to Wangaratta.

Our Aerodrome (YSGR) was council operated and poorly maintained. We (owners of hangars) lobbied Council and got the Crown Lease transferred to us. It is now very well maintained & we recently resealed the 1000 metre strip. It costs around 30k to operate for a year which includes a sinking fund reserve to go towards runway resealing etc. All the labour required for mowing, fencing, equipment maintenance & other upkeep is by volunteers. A $5.00 landing fee ($10.00 for GA) is a very small contribution towards this cost. Some people still whinge about it though or just don't put anything in the honesty box.

That's good news KGW: well done to the entire team. I hope that the Clarence Council still slings some funds your way as a thank you for taking this over!

(My son lives in SG, a relatively short walk from the aerodrome. Next time I am there I would love to catch up)

That's good news KGW: well done to the entire team. I hope that the Clarence Council still slings some funds your way as a thank you for taking this over!(My son lives in SG, a relatively short walk from the aerodrome. Next time I am there I would love to catch up)

No CVC charges us rates. They have been broke for years & are very inefficient but still managed to get the state to approve an 8% increase year on year for 3 years. We did however get them to clean out the drain that runs through the aerodrome. It hadn't been done for many years & when we took over the lease wrote & pointed out it was an easement that they were responsible for & some months later they actually came and cleaned it out. Let me know when you are here and we can go for a flight around the area.