Pleasent encounter with CASA today

BlurE

The answer is we don't know how many are flying drunk, but BluE's post was a very refreshing experience of a Safety Authority conducting a random audit which is a good way to test trends.If there is a percentage of problems the audits can be increased to see how widespread it is.

If the "hits are low, the cost is low; if there is a drinking problem the budget can be increased.

And that was the point of my answer, if we self regulate and show that we're complying with the regs, then the amount of testing will remain low. If we do have an incident involving a pilot affected by something, watch the instances of testing increase.

I haven't made a habit of flying over cities, towns or populous areas in an U/L , Nightmare. I can't recall one instance of a person or property being affected by one. Our rules are written to that end.. Could start a grass fire I suppose. but so do cigarette butts. I have never seen anyone fly recreationally when drunk. They did during the war... If someone knows of someone, arrange for "them" to be tested.. or talk to them, at least. Nev.

Nev, I can't recall anyone being affected either, and that is a testament to the quality of our pilots IMO. However that doesn't mean it couldn't happen, and the chances of that increases significantly when you add alcohol or drugs into the equation.
  • Like 1

Last week was the drug and alcohol test with CASA.

Knock on the door last night. Random firearms inspection. The two ladies from Victoria Police were lovely and as I showed them I was licensed and complied fully with the secure storage requirements.

Might put some scones on for the ATO. Sure they'll be around soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last week was the drug and alcohol test with CASA.Knock on the door last night. Random firearms inspection. The two ladies from Victoria Police were lovely and as I showed them I was licensed and complied fully with the secure storage requirements.

Might put some scones on for the ATO. Sure they'll be around soon.

Or ASIO

Reminds me of the time I was helping a political candidate who was at the top end of the Eccentric scale, but had been bruised by one of the major Parties very unfairly.

I was having a cup of coffee in his house when he lowered his voice and said ASIO are watching me you know; they send planes over all through the day and into the night. I burst out laughing and said "One of them was probably me; you're under one of the turning points in the Moorabbin circuit".

Or ASIOReminds me of the time I was helping a political candidate who was at the top end of the Eccentric scale, but had been bruised by one of the major Parties very unfairly.

I was having a cup of coffee in his house when he lowered his voice and said ASIO are watching me you know; they send planes over all through the day and into the night. I burst out laughing and said "One of them was probably me; you're under one of the turning points in the Moorabbin circuit".

Sounds like you were helping Halal Mal