Looking for trip ideas - QLD

Hi guys, I'm looking for strips to fly into where I'm able to walk/bike a reasonable distance to camp somewhere for a night. I've done Fraser Island before (flew into Wanggoolba) and I'm kind of interested in doing it again albeit this time spending a little more time there, but I'm not too keen on the $75 landing fee.

I'm thinking about possibly flying in to Forster down near Newcastle, the owners are apparently friendly and there should be some way of hitching up a boat ride into town since Forster is a pretty popular tourist spot.

Does anyone know of any other strips suitable to camp on for a night/near national parks with trails etc? Image attached is my budget - I'm willing to fly around 540km radius anywhere from Archerfield. Thanks!

[GALLERY=media, 4087]Radius by bloodandiron posted Aug 19, 2018 at 2:36 PM[/GALLERY]

Private farm strip near Gladstone NSW between Coffs and Port, 1km from town 20km from South West Rocks, Hat Head or Crescent Head, all flat country, easy cycle, plenty of national parks and can camp on site here. Only for experienced pilots due some obstacles, 800m grass,

A mate highly recommended to me flying down to a place called Old bar just east of Taree.I haven't yet but hoping to do so in the near future.

The Strip is a stone throw from the beach with the Caravan park at the end of the strip and a easy walk into town.

A mate highly recommended to me flying down to a place called Old bar just east of Taree.I haven't yet but hoping to do so in the near future.The Strip is a stone throw from the beach with the Caravan park at the end of the strip and a easy walk into town.

Renowned...........watch out for ferris wheels ! 043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif

I was keen to go to old bar, made contact with appropriate people-who were very friendly. They warned me about tall light poles at one end. When I got there I found strong cross winds, so I made Taree my stop instead. Am looking forward to going again but early in the morning.

Caloundra, Toowoomba, Murgon, Gayndah, Murwillumbah, Biggenden...

Straddie is a 6km walk into Dunwich via the road; 4km via the currently open bushwalk - archived link to map and track notes here (page does not exist on current website).

Biggenden is on my list. I go there for the $100 coffee, At the Coffee Pozzie and it is very good as is the food they make.

Agnes Waters is close to the beaches and town. There is a landing fee I believe. It is many years since I landed there. Don't be tempted to take off into the NW if there is nil wind at the windsock, it will be blowing above the trees and you will be surprised at the lack of climb. Don't ask me how I know.

Emu Park is fairly close to town and you can get picked up if you want a meal at the pub, or you could a couple of years ago.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1