Please add to my ToDo List

Admin

Hi

I would like to use this thread as my ToDo List in getting things done for you on the site. Please post what you would like me to create, perform, develop etc right here and as I do each one I can then mark them off as being completed...thanks for your help

• Like 1

Quicky - Amend link to Off Topic to open in a new tab rather than close AP. Longer term, put a link on the top menu so that it is not necessary to scroll to the bottom of the Forums list. (OK - so I'm lazy.)

Completed

The weekly Latest Most Popular Threads email has been set up and should run every Saturday night. Remember if you wish to not receive the weekly email then you need to click the "Weekly Digest" link in your Avatar drop down menu:

1.jpg.768b37c49ed929260e9703ca5ec79dec.jpg

Quicky - Amend link to Off Topic to open in a new tab rather than close AP. Longer term, put a link on the top menu so that it is not necessary to scroll to the bottom of the Forums list. (OK - so I'm lazy.)

Thanks Red. I have:

1. Made the link of the Off Topic site forum at the bottom of the forum list to open in a new tab when clicking

2. You can access the What's New page of the Off Topic site by clicking Off Topic in the menu of the Whats New page on this site

3. As per a main menu link, at this stage I am unsure how I am going to handle the whole main menu system i.e. Do we have a side column menu like before, Do we break up the Main Menu tabs into types of section categories and have the different sections under each category as in the tab "Community" which has in the sub menu Forums, Blogs, Clubs etc...or exactly what at this stage I am unsure so I would rather put the Off Topic link in the main menu "on-hold" at this stage if that is ok with you

@flyerme adds "Hi Ian. Sorry i might be a bit slow lol. but I cant seem to find the classified section? Thanks mate "

Thanks @flyerme

Unfortunately Xenforo v2 has no capability to have a Classifieds section either built in or available as a 3rd party addon system so what I have done at this point in time is to create a specific forum for Classifieds. You will find it in the Forum List. I hope this will suffice until I can find some other solution down the track as Classifieds, I believe, is an important feature of the site and one of the main reasons I was going for the IPS platform. Here's hoping that a better solution can be found in the future.

The What's New section now has the 2 options that hopefully will satisfy everyone. It has the What's New (unread) which is the default and the What's New (all) option which can be clicked in the page menu.

You can change your default What's New page from for example the What's New (unread) to say What's New (all) by:

1. Click the What's New (all) option in the page menu so that is what you are seeing

2. Click the Filter link to display the drop down of available options

3. Click the Save as default box

2.jpg.2b3193c8fe8ea8b83ed5b13504120805.jpg

Now every time you click What's New from the main menu you will see the What's New (all) as the default display. You can create a more specific What's New default page by using the filter options and then save as your default.

There is however 1 bug that I have found and I am waiting on advice from XF on how to create a workaround. The system can not differentiate between the (unread) and (all) in its page title and the page menu item highlight of what is selected.

1.jpg.a214976c82b68c140f3b017495a633c1.jpg

This issue does not affect the use of the What's New but hopefully I can resolve this very soon.

The Bookmark System has now been implemented for you to be able to Bookmark a thread/post and keep a record of it for you to quickly make your own notes about or just have for future reference.

At the bottom of each post you will see a "Bookmark" link. Clicking this will open a popup window for you to make any notes and save the bookmark.

To access your Bookmarks, simply click your avatar in the main menu and then the "Bookmark List" link in the drop down.

2.jpg.6fe23aa05124203928bcf9d73f974e8e.jpg

Hope you find this useful in using the site

1.jpg.1e17a67577731f76336fd278df4d805d.jpg

To do please -

Clearly it's been a tough time for you to keep this forum up and running to your high personal standards, so - take a few moments to give yourself a big pat on the back for your hard work and determination, we all appreciate it very much Ian, thank you!

• Like 2