G'day, long time lurker, first time poster.

Daz73

Hi everyone,

My name is Darren, after a couple hours here and there over the last 16 years flying 150s, 152s, Jab 160 & 170, I have finally knuckled down to make the commitment to get my RPC on the way to the RPL.

I have been flying with David Mackay from Golden Plains in the P92 Eaglet out of YLED and should be finally doing my first solo circuit this coming Monday. To say I am pretty pumped is an understatement. The Eaglet has been an exceptional aircraft to learn in and cant believe how easy it has been to adapt into it.

Look forward to learning from all the experiences on here and perhaps meeting some of you around the traps.

Cheers!

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Love the C152! Been flying one since 1995. Please let us know how the Solo goes, and I am hoping the weather holds - nothing worse than expending all that nervous energy only to have it put off. Good luck Darren.

Sue

Hi Lyle! Yes, I still have INC, but we fly the RANS S7 more often, cleaning up the GA Lightwing for sale (you can only have sooooo many planes), working on the Karasport, and cleaning up the other "projects" in the shedssss. 400 years of work ahead of us .. Scout, Turbulent, Sonerai (half built project his son bought), various engines ..... I would like to build a plane before I get too old to fly it.

Hi everyone, well Monday was the day! The eaglet went offline for an oilchange so I got acquainted with its older sibling the SE.

Went around with David to fine tune some things over the course of a few circuits then he gave me the 'make this one a full stop'

I was nervous but no where near as much as I anticipated. I give credit to David for helping me have a quiet confidence in my ability and my process.

Took off on 28 and climbed like a rocket, getting to 500ft agl and turning crosswind in no time. Before I knew it I was turning final and paying very close attention to the ASI as I have recently had a tendency to bleed 5-10 knots in the turn lowering full flap. It was reassuring to see 65kts almost glued in place and came down for what I reckon was my most stable approach yet.

The landing itself was good, but not a greaser, landing just off centerline with the biggest grin ever.

Taxi in to the hangar with David, my wife and son waiting for me was a memory I will have forever.20181010_091402.jpg.1d7b53ba52e53a48ca5cb39de023919a.jpg

• Winner 1

... Before I knew it I was turning final and paying very close attention to the ASI as I have recently had a tendency to bleed 5-10 knots in the turn lowering full flap. It was reassuring to see 65kts almost glued in place and came down for what I reckon was my most stable approach yet. ...

Good, important to fix that and develop good habits.
  • Like 1