Hi.

nodrogz

Welcome to the forum. There would be a few cobwebs, but planes have also inched up a notch too. Not to mention all the legislation ...

What type of aircraft are you pedalling? What did you do 40 years ago - Cessna? Piper? That era you had to do a minimum of 15 hours a year to keep the PPL and I knew a few who for one reason or another, let that slide and ended up giving it away. Then that was removed and you only had to do a BFR to fly. There were a few in the 1990's who came back to it. It never leaves you!

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Sue

Cessnas!!! In another country and a long time ago. Consider myself a newby these days and started all over again. You're right about planes changing....comparing and old Cessna 150 to a Sling or Tecnam. Having great fun learning all over again though.

Cessnas!!! In another country and a long time ago. Consider myself a newby these days and started all over again. You're right about planes changing....comparing and old Cessna 150 to a Sling or Tecnam. Having great fun learning all over again though.

I've had my C152 since 1995. Just me & the dog for many years. Always thought they were designed for 6' Texans as I had to sit on cushions to fly - then 10 years ago I married a 6' bloke who complains he has to take his boots off to fit in. 030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif

Very forgiving aircraft - has been a trainer nearly all its life. I would land and guys would race over the field and tell me they soloed in her or did their PPL exam in her. Not so much in the last decade - (maybe because of the 6' bloke?gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif ) or maybe they have got too old to fly. It was the C152 demo model on the East Coast of Aust and did time in the larger flying schools. Yep - love the Cessna. Mind you we spend more time in the RANS S7 now.

• Like 1

That era you had to do a minimum of 15 hours a year to keep the PPL and I knew a few who for one reason or another, let that slide and ended up giving it away.

In my day, you had to fly 3 hours in the 90 days before expiry to renew your licence for a further 2 years. 3 hours in 2 years was not enough, that's why I gave it away. Educating 3 kids and flying don't agree unless you are on a very decent salary - which I wasn't.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, Nodrogz.

In my day, you had to fly 3 hours in the 90 days before expiry to renew your licence for a further 2 years. 3 hours in 2 years was not enough, that's why I gave it away. Educating 3 kids and flying don't agree unless you are on a very decent salary - which I wasn't.Anyway, welcome to the forum, Nodrogz.

Thanks. It been fun working through all the cobwebs to get to all the basic info stored away in the old brain.