What Now - please advise

Admin

Ok, it has been a week since we changed to the IPS platform and just about all the issues that you have come across have been resolved and everything is running well. Please if you have any issues not yet documented or resolved then please add them to the Support thread as you have always done by clicking:

https://www.recreationalflying.com/topic/11989-any-site-problemssite-support/

There is a couple of initiatives still being worked on such as the What's New layout and a couple of others that some of you have highlighted so more on them when solutions have been implemented.

So now we come to What's NEXT...here is your chance to give myself and Ahmed (our great resident developer) a To Do list of things you would like to be created/provided/implemented etc to increase your user satisfaction of the site. This is the most important aspect of creating an environment that will help you in getting everything you need from the site on everything to do with your flying.

Please post your wish list and if possible we will get straight on to it...thanks for your understanding and your help and support of the Aircraft Pilots web site

• Like 1

I like the way in the old site how you could go to what's new, put your mouse over the heading and it would bring up an extract of the messages. The new site does not do this which means you may have to open different forums which you have no real interest in or you may miss some which could have been interesting.

I also still liked the 24-hour button which I don't think is here anymore.

None of these are deal-breakers, just comments seeing you asked for them.

I like the way in the old site how you could go to what's new, put your mouse over the heading and it would bring up an extract of the messages. The new site does not do this which means you may have to open different forums which you have no real interest in or you may miss some which could have been interesting.

I also still liked the 24-hour button which I don't think is here anymore.

None of these are deal-breakers, just comments seeing you asked for them.

On the right ofWhat's New page you will see a Condensed or Expanded option, click the Expanded option and from then on all entries in the What's New page will contain the first few lines of the post

Regarding the 24 hr button I am unsure what you mean...can you advise further, thanks

Can you add "country" to the avatar please.  So I know when responding if they are USA or Australia etc.  Particularly useful if they are talking regulations or prices.  The old system had a flag or location text.

Sue

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Can you add "country" to the avatar please.  So I know when responding if they are USA or Australia etc.  Particularly useful if they are talking regulations or prices.  The old system had a flag or location text.

Sue

Thanks Sue...will do

• Like 1

To keep you informed here is just some of my To Do list which will get done over the coming months:

1. Profile fields

2. First Class

3. Tutorials

4. Aviation News

5. Site Name

6. User Post Bit Info

7. Blogs

8. Clubs

9. Bookmarks

10. Help Desk

11. Shop

12. Competitions

13. Suppliers

14. Fill Downloads

15. Pilot Tools

16. Gallery fix

17. Videos

18. Who's Who

19. Aircraft

20. Hosting

and there is a lot more on my list. The above will not be implemented in specific order but based on what time I have and what I can do at that time...some of the above are huge undertaking and some are small so please bare with me and add your wish list to my list...thanks

To keep you informed here is just some of my To Do list which will get done over the coming months:

1. Profile fields

2. First Class

3. Tutorials

4. Aviation News

5. Site Name

6. User Post Bit Info

7. Blogs

8. Clubs

9. Bookmarks

10. Help Desk

11. Shop

12. Competitions

13. Suppliers

14. Fill Downloads

15. Pilot Tools

16. Gallery fix

17. Videos

18. Who's Who

19. Aircraft

20. Hosting

and there is a lot more on my list. The above will not be implemented in specific order but based on what time I have and what I can do at that time...some of the above are huge undertaking and some are small so please bare with me and add your wish list to my list...thanks

Is No 7 Builders' Blogs? ...or any old Blog?

Hi Ian and Ahmed,

I was just wandering about avatars, but it is no biggie at all, really: just a nice to have. Some people have an interesting avatar and it is a bit difficult to see what is actually being shown.

Avatars seem to be limited to 192 x 192. It would be nice if they could be somewhat larger but I know that -with multiple use with every single post- this would soon add to the amount you need to store in memory.

Hi Ian and Ahmed,

I was just wandering about avatars, but it is no biggie at all, really: just a nice to have. Some people have an interesting avatar and it is a bit difficult to see what is actually being shown.

Avatars seem to be limited to 192 x 192. It would be nice if they could be somewhat larger but I know that -with multiple use with every single post- this would soon add to the amount you need to store in memory.

Avatars in posts will be made a bit larger when I add the extra profile fields like the user's country flags etc like we had before

How do we update our avatar in the new site?

Go to your profile page (click your avatar in the menu and then click Profile) and then click the edit button in the bottom left corner of your avatar on your profile page

Ian, the Post dating needs to have the year added. Looking at Postings, I see a date of, say, "May 24", but no year - so I have no idea whether that's May 24, 2018, or May 24, 2002.

This makes it hard to figure out if the Post is relevant to current discussion, or is just a historical Posting.

Ian, the Post dating needs to have the year added. Looking at Postings, I see a date of, say, "May 24", but no year - so I have no idea whether that's May 24, 2018, or May 24, 2002.

This makes it hard to figure out if the Post is relevant to current discussion, or is just a historical Posting.

If the year is shown then the post was in that year...If there is no year shown then the post is in the current year:

2.thumb.jpg.a3997320b2e4d46d25fc9db92754e524.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.5624f1ad311a1a595c58bdc95f67419e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

The old site reported the number of views for each post. Sometimes you check a thread on which you made the last post a day or two ago, and you can't tell if anyone has seen it or not.

Just to let you know what is currently being worked on is:

1. The post bit that contains the user info on the side of each post...getting that to both look good and contain the right amount of info

2. The What's New pages presented in a way that will look more appealing

3. The Gallery section so it looks cleaner and provides the category menu on all pages

4. A video Library has been installed in the Media section that will allow you to upload your own videos so that is currently being setup

5. The return of the Aviation News section...concept done but will be created after the above

After the above is done then the next stage will be undertaken which will include the Clubs, Blogs and Tutorials sections plus much more

We are getting there bit by bit so thank you for your patience and please keep the To Do's coming to help give a direction and priority for the site

• Like 1

I really like the way the site is coming on - very nice!

I have noticed that the individual posts used to be numbered which was useful for saying, for example, "See post #1234 for photos of XYZ" - could that numbering be re-instated?

Also - just a very small point but a nicety - a long while ago the Notifications icon used to open and drop-down if you hovered over it which was better than having to click it.

I really like the way the site is coming on - very nice!

I have noticed that the individual posts used to be numbered which was useful for saying, for example, "See post #1234 for photos of XYZ" - could that numbering be re-instated?

Also - just a very small point but a nicety - a long while ago the Notifications icon used to open and drop-down if you hovered over it which was better than having to click it.

Yeah, unfortunately there is no numbering system in the threads now so you can refer to a specific post in the thread unless @Ahmed Zayed can come up with something. The only other thing you can do is put a specific link to the post you are referring to. To do this go to the post you want, click "Posted (date)" text at the top of the post, then copy the address in the browser address bar and add that in your post.

So if I wanted to add a link in this post to post #3 in this thread it would be:

Notice how the link turns into a "Brief" of the post and clicking the Brief will take you to post #3

I know it isn't ideal but at the moment it is all we have...maybe remind me some time down the track and I will see what I can do if @Ahmed Zayed can't come up with anything

Is No 7 Builders' Blogs? ...or any old Blog?

The Blogs are now open so you can create your own Builder's Blog...or any old Blog (aviation related)

I can't locate the preference link. I don't need to receive any emails as I'm on the site numerous times a day and check What's New All, so I see everything. I just have to delete all the emails as they chew up my inbox space.