CX4 aircraft

Baron. 2000

Hi Barron,

I haven't built one but have a good mate who did build and test fly his CX4. It is currently for sale. I have attached a link from the CX4 community which shows all the builders and flyers in Oz. Best of luck, they are a great looking aircraft.

RE

http://www.thatchercx4.com/builder_lists.htm

http://www.thatchercx4.com/pdf/CX4_Builder_List_Country.pdf

I built the first CX4 to fly in Australia 

Built as per the plans . fitted with a 2ltr limbach  is under Propped at the moment. 3000 rpm 17 inches manifold pressure. Indicating about 90 knots great to fly , not a difficult  tail dragger but like all tail draggers must be respected  feel free to pm me

Mick W.

Gawler South Aust

• Like 1

Giday Round. Engines

thanks for the builder lists..have made contact with a number of members

could you give me details of the one in. WA as I am seriously looking for a CX4 now

thanks for your interest

baron2000

Guest becky1

Hi, here is a photo of my CX4 which was built in 2012. I purchased it second hand over 4 years ago now and it was beautifully built.

Weather permitting, I fly it most days and I absolutely love it. It’s not for sale, however if anyone is ever interested in knowing more about the aircraft,I will happily talk about how great I think it is for as long as anybody wants to listen.

Jennifer.

B9161131-F090-4330-8D2F-34A9943870F3.thumb.jpeg.e987ecfad55986311a371e1d76d6b418.jpeg

• 3 years later...
On 8/1/2019 at 3:43 PM, Guest becky1 said:

Hi, here is a photo of my CX4 which was built in 2012. I purchased it second hand over 4 years ago now and it was beautifully built.

Weather permitting, I fly it most days and I absolutely love it. It’s not for sale, however if anyone is ever interested in knowing more about the aircraft,I will happily talk about how great I think it is for as long as anybody wants to listen.

Jennifer.

B9161131-F090-4330-8D2F-34A9943870F3.thumb.jpeg.e987ecfad55986311a371e1d76d6b418.jpeg

Reviving an old thread….looks like this is now for sale?

• 5 months later...

Been involved with a few VW powered planes and rallied one (in a car) Not by choice, briefly.  I call them Hitler's revenge but  I've seen them perform for many years in a VP 2 and quite a few of the earlier  planes people used to  build.  There was an Industrial Porsche engine version where the exhaust valves were angled would seem to be the one preferred.. . I've seen a couple where the prop came off in flight. Driving from the fan pulley end is not that good an idea.. Nev

• Informative 1