NEW Video Library Implemented

Admin

Hi All

Another enhancement has been made to the site...a completely dedicated section for aviation videos. You can find it under the Media main menu section next to the Photyo Gallery.

As each new video is added to the Video Library (currently just set to YouTube videos), a new thread iks created for the video in the Aviation Videos forum. A user can post a comment in the thread or in the Video entry in the Video Library and the comment is displayed in both areas.

The Categories in the Video Library should cover all kinds of videos so you can view the videos specific to a category that you wish.

Over the next few days I will be manually moving the videos that are in the Photo Gallery that were created when we migrated over from the old software over to the Video Library so you will see many video entries in the What's New page...my apologies if that bothers you

So, please start adding any aviation videos that you find to the new Video Library section

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can a youtube video be embedded in to an existing thread? I tried to do this in the Harrison Ford thread but could only add a link. The insert other media only seems to allow an existing attachment or an image from a URL

Do you mean something like this:

So as you can see it works in the forums but obviously not in a reply post withing the video library. I will look into it and see if that is possible

Hi Ian,

Yes that works fine. I guess it was too simple & I thought there would be a special embedding command somewhere. I just did the same with a youtube clip to the Harrison Ford thread so it does work there. One thing that it does in the video library thread though is increase the display size to larger than my 16:9 24 inch monitor can display. Also I note that I can still edit the post I did last night.

The video should display and fit to the screen size you have. In other words it will shrink to a mobile phone display and expand automatically to fit on a 24 inch 1680 x 1050 monitor size.

My screen is slightly higher resolution at 1920 x 1080. I changed it down & it almost fits, probably would if I got rid of my bookmarks bar but I like it there. It isn't a big issue. It fits horizontally in both resolutions but not vertically. The tab, command bar & bookmarks bars take up 28mm at the top of the screen. I have auto hide on for the task bar at the bottom.

To view the full image top to bottom, you have to enter Full Screen,mode, ditching the forum header and footer, at least I do on my laptop. Viewing with header and footer, you either cut off the controls at the bottom, or top of heaads, title etc. at the top.Even reducing screen resolution to 50% does not correct that.

1109992484_videptop.JPG.bf2275ef00efc77b416c7b5460f391cc.JPG   

38379145_videobottom.JPG.3eff382680074950e3d2848561e0bba7.JPG