Corby Starlet Wanted

RocketShip

It's a plane that suites the small Jab motor.  Usually has a Volkswagen .  Not very big and always a taildragger . ALL wood.. IF you are completely on top of these you aren't a bad pilot. How are you going to be "endorsed" on it (Fully recognizing an endorsement is not a legal requirement but it's a fair question). .Nev

I have a Corby with 2.2 Jab, which I tried to sell a few years ago. Now I have an RV4 as well and was considering selling the RV, but could let the Corby go.

Facthunter has a good point, there are very few people with taildragger experience, plus a build that allows them to get comfortable in the Corby. They fly very much like an RV taildragger, but without the flaps.

Where are you?

My phone is 0749750209

Yenn,

you hit hit it on the head.  The Corby is designed for a smaller stature person than many pilots today.  I tried one on years ago and it was far too tight.  Same with the sonerai.  

I loved flying the tipsy nipper ... but had to fly it cross armed to put my elbows into the wing roots. And the flying flea hm290 I flew cross legged with knees out the side. 

So Rockeship ... make sure you fit before travelling great distance to buy.   

Thank for the reply's.

I have about 100 hours in taildraggers, so I should be fine. Would be sure to be current with this when the time comes.

Im at Redcliffe in Queensland. 

I have to confirm the fit, I'm 89kg and 5'10" and what I call average build.

I would think that I will fit ok.

The Corby is 24" at shoulder height outside the longerons. I am 70kg and about 5"10" and fit comfortably. Not too far from Redcliffe, and I've taken the RV there for transponder inspection. Funny to see airliners going overhead at about 2000' at the aerodrome.

I have a Corby - I'm 88Kg and 5'11" and fit fine. I had to lower the seat from the previous owner but I have a couple of inches clearance above my head so all good. I am selling mine as I am not flying anywhere near as much as I should so if you're still interested give me a call. 

I know there are a few guys over 6' tall flying Starlets from the Yahoo group so it is doable. I flew mine back from Sydney to Adelaide which was fine. Lovely plane and I know I'm going to regret selling but it seems  waste to have it just sitting there.

fbf60c51-4921-45b8-a0d5-e1527093f4e4.JPG

• Like 1

I have been in touch with John Corby and it looks like I will be a  little on the large size for the Corby Starlet.

He puts the weight at 80kg, so I think I will have to look at something else.

There is one hangared at Clifton. If you gave Trevor Bange a call you could probably organize to try it on and see if it fits.

The design was altered to allow the bulkhead behind the seat to be moved back 2" so some of the older builds could be shorter in the seating area. Mine is to the original design. Otherwise there is not much that could be changed during building, without a lot of complication.