CASA booklet

You can get all this good info and more for free by attending one of casa's exelent  Avsafety seminars. In our area they are presented by someone who is a current GA pilot and opperator. If casa employed a few less lawyer's and more people like her the world would be a better place.  

Last one of those I went to in Toowoomba had two CASA guys more interested in telling us what they had done and who they were. Sorry to say I really didn’t learn anything of interest, to the extent that I wouldn’t really care if I didn’t attend another one. ( Haven’t seen one advertised in Toowoomba lately that I’ve been in a position to attend anyway!)

• Agree 1

" He then pointed out that I was, in fact, flying at the wrong height for my direction, which I guess I was, however as I was on descent into the airfield and had indicated such.I told him I felt that his lack of radio usage was of more a concern, because he knew where we were, but we had no idea he was even in the air anywhere near us.He had made no calls either on landing or take off other than the garbled message we had heard as he approached.Far be it for me to criticise others. I have only about 130 hours flying time and I know I still make mistakes and have a lot to learn. But I do know that for every pilot to be safe in the air (and my instructor drummed this into me), not only do you need to know where I am and what I am doing, but letting me know where you are and what your intentions are - especially when we are in the same airspace - will make a huge difference to all concerned It’s common courtesy"

Exert from Sport pilot.

Say's lots in a small paragraph.

I was told to make my intentions known !.

spacesailor

Only wanted that booklet. Fail to see why they have to charge so much for something that would fit in a 20cent envelope with a dollar stamp!

you could have ordered the new VFG and had the radio handbook thrown in for free.