Good books about aviation

14 minutes ago, old man emu said:

Wasn't there one on the other site? I know I've posted a couple somewhere.

Yes, there is one on Social Australia, the Off Topic site

12 hours ago, old man emu said:

Aw, Gee! Mine were!

I will migrate the few Aviation related books over from Social Australia for you.

WOW, @FlyingVizsla you are going strong with all those books...what an extensive knowledge you have in them...thank you so much

Ian, I had to set up most of the earlier books from scratch, because there was no, or little, response to the ISBN.  I have a couple of good ones with no ISBN, so I will try a dummy 00000..  I am intending to return to them and give them a fuller description and rating.  I am very busy at the moment, but the temptation to re-read is overwhelming!  I was part way through Jack Flyer and had to get back to the other books. 

Technology has not been kind to me the last few months with my computer having BSoD constantly, then black screen and corrupted back-ups, exchanged under warranty, then discovered that File History can only be restored the old computer.  Now picking files off one by one, rename, save, update (lost about a month & half, incl all emails), my email won't connect to the server, I have to find a new accounting system, learn it and convert my data, my old mobile is on its last legs.  And the farm work is at top speed.  Never a dull moment here.  Now I have a pile of books I want to read again, and some I have not started yet (due to being so busy ...)  Love the site!

Ian,  Just wondering if a category for "Aircraft" is a possibility.  I have a number of books dedicated to one particular marque eg DC-3, Lancs, or a particular type eg Bushplanes, or era EAA 1932, or locality.  These are usually devoid of personal stories but full of specifications, photos, lists etc.

1 minute ago, FlyingVizsla said:

Ian,  Just wondering if a category for "Aircraft" is a possibility.  I have a number of books dedicated to one particular marque eg DC-3, Lancs, or a particular type eg Bushplanes, or era EAA 1932, or locality.  These are usually devoid of personal stories but full of specifications, photos, lists etc.

Give me to late today and I will create that extra Category for you.

If the ISBN doesn't come up search Google Books for the title and get the ISBN from that as the code looks up the ISBN in Google Books to get the info to populate the fields.

• Like 1