Brymaroo Savannah

Frank n Lynn

Yes, I had the same with the fairings: used a filler I mixed up myself out of resin and a very light fairing filler material. Then used some sort of 2 pot spray filler.

Still ended up with some fisheyes, but I figure life's too short, and they're easily refinished later if need be. Glad to be past it for now: I've done more than my share of prepping and refinishing over the years, and just don't have the stomach for it any more.

Steve, it sounds like you and I are up to approx the same point. And I also am badly non-current. So, here comes spring!!!

Steve, it sounds like you and I are up to approx the same point. And I also am badly non-current. So, here comes spring!!!

I have been waiting for you, what has taken you so long?

I am waiting for Mark's instructor to finish a few repairs and get his mind back on instructing and we will take care of the non-currency.

I have been waiting for you, what has taken you so long?

I am waiting for Mark's instructor to finish a few repairs and get his mind back on instructing and we will take care of the non-currency.

I needed to take a little time out along the way, Steve. And the odd thing is that now I'm nearly done, I feel no need to rush through the last bits.

As for the currency, the instructor now waiting for me to get on with it is probably the most experienced Savannah pilot in NZ. So I'll have no excuses........)

DSCF2131.thumb.JPG.48b543c9d294b05f38915d4a127e9a47.JPG

Glad to see that white on the leading edge, It scares me to see the wrinkles popping in and out in the sunshine on a nice dark purple or dark blue leading edge as it expands and contracts. Ever bent an aluminium can back and forth two or three times?

• Informative 1

• 2 months later...
Cowlings of the same period required a hell of a lot of preparation before painting, at most they were a scaffold to build fill onto. Gel coat is heavy no doubt but by the time they were bogged up enough to paint, I wonder how much weight advantage remained.

On the build wiring strobes to controller, fit 3A circuit breakers to Radio and C/S prop, fit rego decals, fit battery and add fuel. I have done my Weight and Balance course so will drain to unusable fuel, Weigh and get L4 inspection done and then it will be just paperwork.

I am badly non-current on my licence so will have to do some refreshment with an instructor and get my BFR done too.

I hope you get airborne soon, Steve!

• 4 months later...

What is the requirement there for flight testing, Steve???

I had to have a LAME do a final inspection. Due to my location, he recommended extension of the 50nm test area to 60nm. So I have to fly off 25hours within that radius off my hangar then apply for full registration. Ten business days after I climb through the last hoop we should be good to go.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...