Wallan news (YWAN Victoria)

Guest Ken deVos

Locksley

Gday Mark, Locksley has been purchased by one of the partners in the flying school. You will see plenty of action happening there over the coming weeks with the flying school being relocated and a maintenance facility commencing work next week. There will also be mogas and avgas available from bowsers in the coming weeks. Call in and say gday everybody is welcome

Cheers Mark

Yeh it is a long way north but I think we dont have much choice. The value of land is going put more pressure on the airfields close to the major cities and we will probably see more closures in the not too distant future.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ken deVos

YLCS Locksley Field

I would definitely recommend a visit!

I flew a J160 there last Saturday from Tooradin to be greeted with a complimentary hot cup of tea, courtesy of Susan and Nathan.

Susan advised that as soon as time permits, a website will be up and a fly-in planned.

A word of caution following the recent rains (yes, I know it is rare these days) is to avoid the recently ploughed area to the west of the 01/19 runway.

• 1 month later...
Guest maksas01

Has anyone heard anything more on Locksley flight school? Contact details? Training aircraft used?

Guest Ron-C

:wave:The contact number is (03)5798 5512. Secure Air Flight Training

The Aircraft is a Tecnam P92 ES

Sorry guys-I missed why Wallan has closed. Was nearly going to drop in there tomorrow

Terry

Sorry guys , a stupid question- I finally found the right thread that answers my question

Terry

Locksley and Shepparton now with SAFT

Website will be up by the end of July. Aircraft available at Locksley are Tecnam p92es 5270, a very nice Texan 600 5204 (autopilot, toe brakes, CS prop etc) which is pictured on the front cover of the June ra mag, a Cessna 150m Aerobat VH-WXT and a Cessna 172N superhawk VH-ITY. Secure Air Flight Training is now working in conjunction with the GV Aeroclub to provide flight training at Shepparton as well as Locksley and all aircraft and flight training at both locations can be booked through Nathan or Sue on (03)5798 5512. Mobile:Nathan 0413138906 or Sue 0438313057

Cheers Mark

Hey Hey - LittlePete and BigPete dropped in today ('cause we could) :big_grin: and met Rob and the lovely Sue. :thumb_up: Lots of work to be done yet, but judging all the enthusiasm from Rob and Sue, it will be worth watching 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif - I think they're on a winner. ;)

:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

regards

Gday Pete, glad you went over for a look. Its great that the aviation community is taking an interest in what we are doing at Locksley. Everybody is most welcome to come and have a look around. When the necessary work is completed we are planning a fly in so watch this space over the next couple of months. For anybody interested in paying us a visit and needing fuel we now have Premium unleaded available from the bowser and avgas from a mobile fuel truck on site.

Yes Ben, that was me :big_grin: - it's fantastic scenery over around Locksley :thumb_up: - well worth the flight, only 30 mins from Echuca and less than 15mins from Shepparton. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I look forward to the fly in. :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

regards

• 7 months later...
Guest maksas01

Web site up and running as of yet? Have not been in the loop for some time now? Contact details stil the same? Any idea of hourly rates for the aircraft online? Cheers, Mak:cool: