Aerochutes at Cowra

Guest Glenn

Hawkesbury Powered Parachute centre are spending a week at Cowra doing training. There's quite a few here and I was fortunate to get some photos yesterday and a flight in one today.

What an experience. I've flown in a microlight before but this is just a totally different experience. Much slower and you get to take in the view in a manner that only an open cockpit can give you.

As I said above I got some photos yesterday but with the bright conditions, not too many came out too well. They are here for a few more days yet so may get back out there.

Anyway here's the pick of the bunch.

...and there I go zipping past at lightning speed

Wholly cow, look a photo of me. Finally I hear you say

Me on left, pilot and ground crewman

Guest Darren Masters

Told you they were addictive Glenn :D I have not been for a fly in one for a while. Hoping to go again soon. We have to find somewhere in Sydney to fly the bloody thing :evil:

So do they. It's pretty quiet here so I guess they will be regulars here.

They are fun but I prefer a microlight if I had a choice. I'm looking at buying one in the future.

Guest Darren Masters
They are fun but I prefer a microlight if I had a choice. I'm looking at buying one in the future.

Good stuff. I'm looking at something rag and tube possibly a Quicksilver MX. Probably the same cruise as a microlight so you and I will not be doing anything but local flights :lol:

I don't really want to be able to fly to Orange etc... just locally or maybe out over the dam (should get floats)

Good thing is that you can pack it up on a trailer and take it with you to anywhere you want pretty much.

Just something I'm thinking of. Don't want to learn in the club's Jabiru. Might consider it if we get rid of the Jab and get a Brumby.

Guest Darren Masters

Got's to keep your options open mate. That's why I want the Quicksilver MX. Full on open-air, trailer and out West to fly about the outback :D :D

I like the aerochutes but I would never own one. Too slow and you need to set it up on the runway and need someone outside the machine to assist. So not an option for me.