NATFLY 2008

Guest OzChris

Guest OzChris

How exciting...its nearly time for NATFLY at Narromine again.

This will be the first time that I am going, I cant wait!

I have the accommodation booked, and even the family is keen to go...it's gonna be good!

Anyone else thinking of going??

Its on the Easter long weekend from Friday 21st March - 23rd March...cannot wait!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest g_i_jack029

you don't have far to travel Glenn.

but they do have some air displays don't they?

I want to go, weather thats a possibility thats a different story.

Guest Darren Masters

Finally Chris you will be attending!! Atleast we will get to catch up. I have not missed a NATFLY in years. Don't know if flying or driving this time. Driving more likely with the bizzare weather of late :twisted: It's a great event guys. Plenty of aircraft around and stacks of displays to see (and buy from hey Glen) I am 90% sure of going this year as we are going o/s a week after it.

Yes, plenty of aircraft - on the ground that is. Would be better if they were flying. Will have to see what I'm up to around that time.

Jack, just under a 2 hour drive for me. Depending how fast I drive :twisted:

Guest OzChris
Well that's what it was 2 years ago.

So you can double it and add 10% :lol:

Im really looking forward to the break to be honest...

We are making a bit of a road trip out of it - NATLY will be a bonus. Have wanted to go for ages, but because I lived in Perth, I havent had the opportunity. Ballarat is MUCH closer :lol:

Looking forward to meeting you in the FLESH ;) Darren :D

Guest David C

I will be there too , driving again !! ..... I swear , one year I will actually fly in . I will probably be in the company of Fred , or Uncle Fred as he is fondly referrred to at The Oaks airfield . He may be trailering or even flying his homebuilt Sonerrai in to the event this year . I hope to see as many of you there as possible ... Just look for the two fat balding Poms , or easier , just listen out for us =D> .... Know what I mean ?

Dave C

Guest David C

I'll be hopefully arriving at Narromine early afternoon on the Friday , and staying till Sunday morning . Previous years have shown that after mid morning on the Sunday quite a few of the aircraft have departed back home , so it's back to the bitumen and head back towards Sydney here too . I will taking residence in the Hilton D'Canvas and no doubt be partaking in the sampling of my favourite tipple " Chateau Cardboard " as usual , so you're all welcome to join in :lol:

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters

Dave, you are obviously driving mate? Do you need someone to share the cost of fuel? If so, I will come with you (that's if you want me beside you all that time) :lol:

Guest TAA finny

I'm looking at going. Would it be worth going for Friday only? I'm going to be at the aerobatics in Parkes on Saturday and then have to work Sunday afternoon.

Hi everyone,

it's late notice I know, but it seems that I may be able to go to NatFly for the first time too :D

Driving there on Friday and returning on Sunday is option 1 (from Ferntree Gully, Vic) ... though nowhere near as much fun as my preferred option .. flying (from YMMB) !

As for what plane .. most likely to be a 4 seater if I can find someone else who is interested in going as well - pilot or non pilot. Maybe a Commander 114B, Arrow etc. As for accomodation - maybe a local hotel ?

But all things negotiable :roll:

Any takers ??