NATFLY 2008

Guest OzChris

Guest Darren Masters

Looks as though I am going with Ross in his Cheetah departing from The Oaks. Hopefully the weather stays like that so we can fly there. Look for this aircraft (with the paw print and Cheetah on it):

We will be camped under the wing, along with Garry Morgans Sierra. Glenn, maybe we can organise for us all to get together somehow?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see any image, all it says is image. Thought you might be having trouble with imageshack so I suggested the attachment mod available. Can you see an image in your post?

I see the problem. You are linking to it from another forum that you uploaded with the attachment mod on that site and the site won't let anyone view it who isn't registered. You need to edit your post and upload it using our attachment mod or use imageshack

Guest Darren Masters
I see the problem. You are linking to it from another forum that you uploaded with the attachment mod on that site and the site won't let anyone view it who isn't registered. You need to edit your post and upload it using our attachment mod or use imageshack

Yes, figured that in the end. Bugger it! Should be ok now mate :)

Guest Darren Masters

Ross' Cheetah is a very tidy machine. The only one painted like that too. If you get to see it at Natfly, it's even nicer in the flesh.

Guest OzChris

Wow - that sounds really cool...

Looks like me and the family wont be able to make it after all this year :(

We have a new business that we have just started, and is booming with clients...looks like Easter is gonna be flat chat at this stage...

Theres always next year, I guess :roll:

Guest Darren Masters
Wow - that sounds really cool...Looks like me and the family wont be able to make it after all this year :(

We have a new business that we have just started, and is booming with clients...looks like Easter is gonna be flat chat at this stage...

Theres always next year, I guess :roll:

Oh c'mon Chris :twisted: I was looking forward to catching up. Oh well mate, got to do what you got to do...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OzChris

I hope that everyone that is going, has an AWESOME time at NATFLY this weekend... :D

Dont forget some pictures to share the event with us who couldnt be there :( :cry:

Guest g_i_jack029

i'd love to go too but... My big Bro is bringing back his uni friends and my dad gets back sunday from America :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest Darren Masters

I'm not going this year either. Was going to fly out but the weather this morning in Sydney is a shocker. Also thunderstorms forecast for Narromine area and wind (as usual) so it won't be worth the while. Have overseas trip next week too so I did not want to 'break' myself :lol: Maybe a report and pics from Dave C when he gets back.

Guest TAA finny

I was there on the Saturday, had about a 45min look in the wet and cold then called it quits and went home, then headed back out to the aerobatics at Parkes in the sunshine.

I'll put up some pics of both events

Guest David C
Looking forward to the pics :D Yes' date=' apparently was a very mixed bag of weather.[/quote']Yes indeed , a mixed bag of aircraft too :( ... The numbers were down both for aircraft and traders . For the likes of us who have a few Narromines under our belt , this one was a disapointment . As a Jabiru convention it would have been a soaring success , take them away and the field would have looked rather empty . The rag and tube brigade must surely be frustrated , just a few Drifters , X-Airs and not a Bantam in sight !!. Congratulations to Gary Morgan from Taree , he really does his best in showing his aircraft ,the Sierra 100, and despite the less than favourable weather he was there giving test flights to all interested parties . Weather is the governing factor in all aviation events , and the weather Gods were not favouring Natfly this year , wind ,rain , hot , cold , yes all on the same day !!. Some aircraft actually departed for their hombases by 8am Saturday ,. such was the weather . The Gyros had a good time and were actually up in numbers this time around , probably an indication of their growing popularity . Natfly 2009 is along time away , but on this showing I'll be asking myself , is it worth 12 hrs behind the wheel ??? .... Probably not ! :cry: ..

Anyway here are a few photos ...

Dave C