60th Reunion Fleet Air Arm -Nowra

icebob

Hi All,

Just to let you all know the RoyalAustralianNavy Fleet Air Arm is celebrating its 60th anniversary October 23rd to 26th, with a lot of different functions and with an air show at HMAS Albatross(Nowra) from 1000hrs 26th October. The museum will be open but at the moment I am unsure of the times. The new White Ensign Club will also be open at the museum.092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif

Motels and other accommodation are filling fast.

Bob.

Hi Mazda,

I was at 817 Squdron that time too, just come back from Nerimba where i did the short Mechs course after getting my LAME's at TAFE in 1976.

Hi Ultralights,

that brings back memories, did the original Seaking assembly when they were new(well to us "new").

At that time I had just finnished building a Volksplane1 it was hidden in the back of tool control at 805 in what used to be the old toilet block, hum maybe the right place for that type of aircraft, ha, ha.

Bob

Hi Mazda,

sorry i am having a seniors moment, yes the air show is not the 26th, i had that number on the brain, from my understanding it is the 29th the Saturday although speaking to one member of staff there at the museum he said the Saturday and another guy said it was the Sunday????.

could one of you guys that work/live there in Nowra confirm for us please.

Bob.

• 8 months later...
Guest airsick

Who is going to this? I organised clearance to fly in the other day so weather permitting I will be heading over on Sunday morning (26th Oct).