Jetstar $4 airfare sale

Guest David C

Guest David C

Did anyone else apart from me try and get some of the $4 Jetstar fares that were on sale last night between 8pm-10pm ?? ... I am interested to know if anyone actually got any success . I tried for the full 2 Hrs all to no avail . I didn't even manage to get past the " try again ,the website is extremely busy " message .. I always wonder how many tickets actually get sold for these prices . Not too many I hazard a guess at .

Dave C

Hi David I tried and gave up after 25 minutes I did hear of someone who got some tickets near the end of two hours.... Mel-Launceston and looked liked getting some Mel-Newcastle but it closed off at 10 p.m during the payment process. :D

Guest OzChris

I didnt even hear about it...

I have tried before on other 'super deals' like this and have had no luck :roll:

Hi OzChris. With the Jetstar sales..or at least this one, I think you needed to be on their e mail list. We got notified late last week something good was coming up but they didnt say when or what exactly.Then yesterday they said it was to be last night. Exact routes didnt come up till the 8 pm starting time..(though I think it was actually more like 8.15 from memory) .

I was extra busy all day and only just got home, grabbed a quick dinner then logged on just in time..but no luck alas. Maybe I should have kept trying as the guy I heard said he only just got on prior to 10 p.m and got his tickets then. :)

Guest Darren Masters

Emma and I got Sydney to Christchurch for the end of July for 3 nights. The airfares were $374 return.That is for both of us not each, ie, $187 return each. All taxes and everything included so I am very very happy with that. If you try the take a friend for $4 now, it should be working. Just have to keep trying with them. They annoyed me in the past but this time was relatively painless. Try having a few browsers open and doing it that way. Off topic, if anyone has any tips for Christchurch let me know as we have not been there before. I know it's going to be freezing cold but that's fine as I am a huge fan of the cold. :D

Well done Darren..glad you were successful..and good prices too...next time I will be more patient and keep trying. Can I ask what time you got the tickets in the two hour space..relativeley early? Cheers Tim :D

Guest OzChris

Good onya Darren - I love Christchurch!

I have only ever been there as overnighting crew, but I love to go to the cafe district - some nice trendy bars/restaurants there.

They have gondolas on the little canals - that looks like fun.

Heaps of shopping places - the mall is ok for a look.

I am a nature lover, so I also love the Botanical gardens in Christchurch - Ive had many a nice walks & picnics through there with fellow crew and friends...

There is a neat little 'arty' market in the city on Sundays (I think it was). That is fun!

Guest Darren Masters

Thanks for the info Chris :D I was thinking about the Botanical Gardens. It will be good. There looks like there is plenty to do there anyway. Tim, I got the email last night at around 5.30pm and booked at around 8.00pm.

Guest David C

Darren ,

Well done mate .... Never been to NZ , but they tell me its a bit like the Old Dart :lol: .. I know they even have a River Avon , which we had in our home town in the UK .... Copy cats :P .... Now see if you can get this fare ... Sydney to Nashville for $51 !!!!.

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters

Ha ha ha :lol: How did they come up with that one? Obviously a very big typo.

Guest Darren Masters
Good stuff Darren =D> Christchurch eh?

sounds awesome!

Yes :D Probably less likely to get gastro there :lol:

Yes you got on early..well done Darren. And David..great spotting on the Virgin Blue "blue".. =D> maybe they could make a few more..like London, Dublin, New York? :lol: Might be my way of getting to see the world on a budget!

Glad you got Christchurch Darren..New Zealand is up top of my list too..I'm on a promise to get there soon.