YMML Movements...

Robbo

Glenn...

Can you make this a sticky please :), and everyone I will post movements from YMML here in this section...

Currently Atlas Air B747 N418MC is parked on F12 on the Rex apron, Kinda looks funny this massive 747 and then these tiny Saab's :o

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest g_i_jack029

LOL, i can just imagine...Robbo, you have too much fun :| all that time at YMML, why don't you have 1000s of pictures in your gallery???

if it were me i'd have... too many to count!

can't wait to here the updates!!!

when i saw YMML movements on the "latest forum posts" i thought that glenn had made an actuall area that everyone can post up, uh a thread area not a thread if that makes sense

never mind, also hows that camera coming along at YMML???

please start posting movements :D

Guest g_i_jack029

:shock: You don't have the disese do you :evil: :cry:

also i'll PM you in the future about my flight to KLAX from YMML, don't have much information yet

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Glenn

News just in from our roving (or is that raving) reporter is that Melbourne airport is currently covered in a blanket of fog making visiblity very very low and all he can see is Kangaroo tails

• 5 months later...
Guest g_i_jack029

Qantas A380 at melbourne today from LAX, landed at around 10:00am.....how do i know this???

this baby brought me home, to top it all off i got a tour of the flight deck!!!

Guest g_i_jack029
Awesome Jack!!!!!! Any Pics??Great to see you back :]

trip report to come, when my internet is faster and jet lag goes:biggrin:

Welcome home Jack!!!!

we missed you

I can just imagine your excitement on that big bird. Can't wait to see your 2000 photos of just the cockpit

Guest Chainsaw

I know one thing, there will not be a Chainy's Challenge on the A380. I bet he has recorded every nut bolt and rivet on the damn thing.

Welcome back Jack (mmmmm rhymes too)

btw, I saw the A380 ferry to YSSY this afternoon as a QF6*** flight. Maybe it's going to go from Sydney next.

Chainy/all, do these A380 'ferry runs' (is that what the empty flights are called?) run to a scheduled timetable on Wednesday's and Sunday's?

Jack, looking forward to your trip report.

Speaking of YMML and LAX......Qantas 747 VH-OEJ 'Wunala' - was seen (via the internet, below) landing in Los Angeles after flying QF93 on Saturday morning.Return to Melbourne will be Monday morning December 8th.Will make for a nice photo opp with the A380 also sharing the terminal on Monday morning

3086389001_a6926bb758_z.jpg?zz=1

Guest Chainsaw

Hi ads,

That is a possibility. I don't know for sure as I have not really had the time to look into it. If it's true, then it surely will only be for a short while until more A380's come on stream.

Guest g_i_jack029

got a chance to go down to the airport again to pick up my sibling from cambodia!

man would i have looked like a tourist with my camera taking photos everywhere,

aircraft spotted from the windows (just thought i would share),

06/12/08

Qantas-VH-EBG-767 (parked)

Qantas-VH-TJF-737 (parked)

Emirates-A6-EXT (I think, dodgey photo)

Jetstar-VH-VOY-A320 (taxiing in)

Vietnam Airlines-777ER (rego hidden by catering lift)

Vietnam Airlines-777ER (Holding short while Air China on extremely short final)

Virgin Blue-VH-VUJ-737-800 (pushback, prep for t/o)

Pacific blue- VH-VOX-737-800 (Unloading PAX)

Singapore airlines-747 (Landed at 10:05)

Singapore airlines-747 (Just landed)

just a quick report of the photos i got

Guest g_i_jack029

I'm trying to find a time where i have access to broadband....or faster internet than dial up to upload my photos. (Same reason for delay in trip report :( )

• 3 weeks later...

QF#123 Sydney-India is an unusual visitor about to touchdown in Melbourne enroute to Mumbai at approx 12:30pm.

According to the Melbourne airport website, QF123 is listed as a 13:30 departure, however there is no mention of its arrival on the International or Domestic arrival's pages.

Any known reason for this extra stopover?

Guest Chainsaw
QF#123 Sydney-India is an unusual visitor about to touchdown in Melbourne enroute to Mumbai at approx 12:30pm. According to the Melbourne airport website, QF123 is listed as a 13:30 departure, however there is no mention of its arrival on the International or Domestic arrival's pages.

Any known reason for this extra stopover?

Thats interesting!

Guest Chainsaw

Indeed....

From 16Right - Sydney

VH-EBH QF0123 02/01/2009 11:19 Qantas A330-203 Sydney-Mumbai

From ACARS Log (via email) Melb

1156 20090102 VH-EBH A330 FGAK QF0123 (SYD-SIN)

:confused:

Guest Chainsaw
I was in the JH hanger today and noticed OUR AIRLINE cant remember the rego was in getting maintenance done on it. Love the paint job !

B737-300 VH-NLK I think.

QF#123 Sydney-India is an unusual visitor about to touchdown in Melbourne enroute to Mumbai at approx 12:30pm. Any known reason for this extra stopover?

From http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,,24863023-23349,00.html

QANTAS is considering axing its loss-making Sydney-Mumbai service after a disagreement with its pilots' union over meal allowances.

The airline will be forced to divert today's flight through Melbourne after the Australian and International Pilots Association refused to renew a concession that allows pilots to fly beyond hours outlined in their enterprise agreement.

The concession's end on Wednesday means Qantas must now change crews in Melbourne before continuing on to Mumbai instead of flying non-stop from Sydney.

However, an airline source said this would increase losses on the route and was likely to be the final straw for the service.

This could also mean new Airbus A330s slated for Qantas's mainline operations could now be sent to Jetstar and that would mean less flying for Qantas A330 pilots.

The A330 concession had been allowed to continue despite the overwhelming rejection in a pilot vote last year of a new enterprise agreement.

AIPA said pilot dissatisfaction had increased since then because meal allowances had not been updated for three years and were now significantly lower than those received by cabin crew.

Before Christmas, AIPA's executive committee decided it would not grant further concessions until the meal allowance issue was resolved.

But Qantas thinks the issue should be included in wider EBA talks.

AIPA vice-president Richard Woodward said Qantas did not help its case by waiting until the last minute before asking for an extension to the concession.

He said the airline had been told the extension for the A330s was coming up but had done nothing until the Airbus fleet manager wrote to the union on Tuesday.

"We couldn't do anything about it on such short notice and we had a committee meeting in December which decided we would give the company no more concessions against our contract until the allowances were brought up to parity with the cabin crew," he said.

Mr Woodward accused Qantas of using the allowance disagreement as a smokescreen for other reasons for pulling out of Mumbai.

Qantas began flying to Mumbai in 2004 and the service gained notoriety in 2006 when British actor Ralph Fiennes and flight attendant Lisa Robertson had sex in an A330 toilet.

It began operating the route using an A330-300 with a stopover in Darwin but moved to a non-stop service using a smaller A330-200 in an attempt to stem losses believed at that stage to be more than $20 million a year.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest g_i_jack029

Was at the Essendon DFO on the 21st happly guarding the fence line with my camera and scanner. Plenty of videos (all dodgey ;) some photos (even more dodgey) and then was happy to look out into the distance to see a huge massive white and red thing fly extremely slowly and quietly throught the sky,

it was Qantas's A380, and i'm guessing it was off to LAX (departed-:13:03)