YMML Movements...

Robbo

Today's (7.2.09) QF25 MEL-AUK-LAX was forced to return to Melbourne soon after takeoff, apparently due to an issue with engine#3.

The Aircraft, VH-OJB landed safely at YMML at approx 13:45.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The aircraft tookoff approx 13:20, first report of issues was approx 13:25, dropped off the webtracker (http://mel.webtrak-lochard.com/template/index.html) at 13:30

I then heard Melbourne tower give the all clear for landing on runway 34 at approx 13:45

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now scheduled for a 1:15am departure from Melbourne.

VH-OJN was ferried in from Sydney as the replacement aircraft, arriving in Melbourne at 23:45

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A first for Melbourne??

Today's QF10 is arriving into MEL at approx 9am being operated by unusual equipment for this flight, an A380 - OQB

QF94 due in approx 8:30, is operated by the usual A380 - today OQC.

Looks like QF10 into gate 9, QF94 into gate 11.

Does Melbourne only has one A380 specific airbridge at gate 9, whereas they will use both 11a+11b airbridges at gate 11?

...wish I could get out to the airport today:frown:

MEL has two A380 gates D9 and D11

Thanks Dan. Was this the first time they were both setup in use for A380s do you know?

To the best of my knowledge since october all A380 flights have only used gate 9 at MEL.

Perhaps the only other times gate 11 have been used for this aircraft was during its introduction testing/training? I could be wrong, they may have used 11 many times before for A380 flights!:confused:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both aircraft currently airborn Sydney bound, being ferried from Melbourne.

Flight numbers as:

QF6005 - VH-OQB

QF6014 - VH-OQC

Departed from MEL at 11:15 and 11:25 respectively.

With these two flights scheduled to touchdown within 20mins of one another and with Singapore Airlines A380 currently parked at SYD aswell, today is definately a great time for Sydney spotters to get to the airport for some photos!

Thanks Dan. Was this the first time they were both setup in use for A380s do you know?

Well its the second time the QF10 has been operated by an A380, but i cant remember if there was two A380's on the ground at the same time that day as it was a Wednesday and the usual QF93 was due to be operated by an A380 on that day, but it was the same time they were having those few issues with the A380 fleet. So im not 100% sure.

Well its the second time the QF10 has been operated by an A380, but i cant remember if there was two A380's on the ground at the same time that day as it was a Wednesday and the usual QF93 was due to be operated by an A380 on that day, but it was the same time they were having those few issues with the A380 fleet. So im not 100% sure.

Thanks Dan, that rang a bell.

Going by flightstats.com:

An A380 operated QF10 departed London on March 2nd - arrived in Melbourne on Wednesday March 4 to gate 9 at 8:12am.

QF93 that same day was an A380, departure from gate 9 at 12:16pm.

These two flights were apparently operated by two different A380s.

So at this stage I think March 4 was the first time there were 2 A380s on the ground in Melbourne at the same time, however yesterday March 27, was the first time there were two A380s at the gates simultaneously.

Happy to stand corrected.

-Adam

That is indeed correct i just looked back on the ACARS logs from Sydney ACARS and got this:

VH-OQB QF6013 04/03/2009 08:54 Qantas A380-842 Sydney-Melbourne

VH-OQB QF0093 04/03/2009 12:23 Qantas A380-842 Melbourne-Los Angeles

VH-OQA QF6029 04/03/2009 13:34 Qantas A380-842 Melbourne-Sydney

That is indeed correct i just looked back on the ACARS logs from Sydney ACARS and got this:VH-OQB QF6013 04/03/2009 08:54 Qantas A380-842 Sydney-Melbourne

VH-OQB QF0093 04/03/2009 12:23 Qantas A380-842 Melbourne-Los Angeles

VH-OQA QF6029 04/03/2009 13:34 Qantas A380-842 Melbourne-Sydney

Thats all the confirmation I need. Thanks Dan.

Bad weather in Melbourne today has caused some delays:

*Air New Zealand flight 795 ZK-OJD A320 was due into Melbourne approx 11:30, however was diverted to Canberra due to the weather.

Landed at Canberra at approx 12:25 and is now due into Melbourne at 13:50.

*Meanwhile another flight affected by the weather is Thai Airways flight 981, forced to circle around Murtoa in the state's west for a good 40mins.

* Norfolk Air flight #O7 338 is listed as diverted.....not sure where this flight ended up.

*Some Domestic flights forced to circle include:

Jetstar - 465, 704, 736, 062

Virgin - 834, 1323

Tiger - 503.

*Some (all?) flights waiting to takeoff from MEL were grounded for approx an hour between 11:40-12:40.

Guest g_i_jack029

thanks for the update ads,

came through Mel today, passed YMEN mid arvo and cloud layer was at 400ft but was higher over YMML (1400ft if i remember correct) Shocking weather over YMMB, i think vis may have dropped below 5nm due to precipitation....not sure

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can any one please confirm if they have heard that V Australia, 2 weekly services from Mel-Jnb, return have been suspended as of 2nd Sept.

Please take note of the following key dates:

• The last flight between Brisbane and Phuket, or Phuket and Brisbane, will operate on Sunday 20th February 2011.

• The last flight between Melbourne and Phuket, or Phuket and Melbourne, will operate on Monday 21st February 2011.

• The last flight between Melbourne and Johannesburg, or Johannesburg and Melbourne, will operate on Tuesday 22nd February 2011.

If you are booked to fly with V Australia to either Phuket or Johannesburg after these dates, our Guest Contact team will be calling you in coming weeks to present alternative travel options. Contact with affected Guests is being made progressively in the order of departure date, so we thank you for your patience whilst we are getting to you.

Cheers John

• 1 year later...
Just started this week, not sure it's permanent, it has normally been 1 in the morning, followed by a 777, as the A380 leaves.

thanks, yeah i was expecting a SQ 777 to arrive then turned out it was a A380, a great surprise i must add, also great to see a plane i have flown in :)

New Garuda A330-200 in at YMML today, PK-GPM. - think everyone was looking for the 787 and missed it.

Also new - "obviously" a Boeing 787 Dreamliner N787BA.....ZA-001 - on the nose wheel cover.

JQ's newish A330 has been 'hiding' at MEL for awhile outside JHA hangers....VH-EBS.

Malaysian Kargo's A330, 9M-MUA, was in for the first time on the 15th Nov.

An old one for maybe the last few days on our shores -VH-TJF : Brolga, Qantas 737-400, de-branded.

For me I like to keep a list of aircraft that I see come into YMML, so when I see one that is not on my list :D, and then I check the rego and see if its the next in line, like the Garuda that comes in daily, I've only been up to GPK for a awhile. or if its a different type of aircraft like the Malaysian Cargo, they have a couple of 747's that come in and they also use 747's from Southern Air, but a A330, hmmm, it was spotted in Perth awhile ago, so I've been waiting for it. And there's also the "Family" that make comments on the Thread here about new deliveries, so you no their about, and the threads by John and the Family in Perth are good to read and know whats about, it's good when you see them finally pay a visit to your space, mines YMML.

- Oh and the JQ A330 also was alphabetical - and it being very clean gave it away too.

Ben, I work airside at YMML, so for me it's seeing them in person on days I'm working. listing, um I just list the ones that come into YMML, i take note of whats around from the Family at TAA, but until I see it, I don't stick it on my list, and I google the Bizjets to see who might own them.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the aircrafts was that was sitting out the front of the bae systems hanger yesterday? It had an orange stripe that went up at the tail. Also the bisjet? That took off at about 10:46 am 1st of dec?

Thanks

Ben,

I assume you mean this aircraft. Its detail is: 2003 Airbus A319-115LR C/N 1999. It is operated by Skytraders for the Australian Government Antarctica Division and operates seasonal supply services to McMurdo Sound and other Antarctic bases.

[ATTACH=full]896[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18061[/ATTACH]

873269520_AirbusVH-VHD20110404.thumb.jpg.d251c290b3ca23dc0e47847997e4e99e.jpg