YMML Movements...

Robbo

Call sign Snow Bird 1.

Which Bizjet ? N618WF, red stripe with little USA flag on tail - '99 BD-700, the Wells Fargo bank owns the papers to it, so don't know who's using it.

N933ML, a '06 BD-600 again owned by Wells Fargo.

or N511TL, a '77 Gulf 2B , it has been linked to the rapper Lil Wayne in the past and he was in town for the Emnem concert.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does anyone know what aircraft will be flying EK409 on december 6? from Melbourne to Dubai via Kuala Lumpur, and EK 524? flying Dubai to Hyderabad, India?

Ben, my best bet would be an Boeing 777-300ER. A380's aren't scheduled until March (If my memory is correct) out of Melbourne. Not sure about the Dubai to Hyderabad.

Thanks, turns out I was on A6-EBB, a 777-300ER, Will hopefully find the rego of the last flight soon as I am boarding in about an hour.

Love flying out here for the first time have seen a few airlines that I have never seen at YMML, such as Uzbekistan Airways

New JQ A320 VH-VGA 'hiding' outside the JH hanger on the 8th Dec. The new colour scheme -all black, name on the fuselage gave it away.

Virgin seems confused with naming their planes, I noticed VH-VUG has been changed to the VA colours, but has kept it's old name, Jasmine Tasman.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anybody else seen the new paint job on REX - EKX ? They are advertising a shark cage diving website, with a picture at the back of two divers in a cage with a shark circling, they have placed it that the faces of the divers are the windows of the REX. So if you were looking out from the REX your faces would be the divers. It has got me thinking though, hoping this REX doesn't fly over water, it could be an omen !

• 2 weeks later...

MEL isn't an easy place to get to for spotting without a car, the main viewing areas aren't on a bus route, so ya can't get off along the way. Getting to the Airport terminal from melbourne your looking at a $50 + taxi ride, or $16 Skybus goes from Southern Cross train station in the city to the airport each 10 min. Or you get a train to Sunbury and then a local bus to the aiport, but that trip is not a regular trip maybe one an hr.

If you have a look at a map of the airport, there's two public viewing area's, to the North on Sunbury - Bulla Rd at the roundabout, if you go alittle though past that you come to an old church on Uniting Lane, thats where you're find the true spotters. The other is over on the west near the tower on Operations Rd, on the way to that one near an airport Gate 22 onwards is a good spots, but near Gate 22 you will be at the Southern end of the 34/16 runway. If you look at a map of Operations Rd you will see that you can get near a couple of Hanger areas, were there's always something sitting outside. Your best bet from walking from the terminal area for viewing the 27/09 runway, as it isn't far around to the North, on the road that takes you to the first viewing area I mentioned, you'll see the lead in lights.

Ya need a car Mate.

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone know if the Atlas 747F had any problems yesterday? flights sometimes fly over my place but this one yesterday was really low and you could feel the vibrations in the house, im about 40km from MEL airport.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't know much about military aircraft, but today I saw a military plane with 4 props. It landed and took off straight away twice, does anyone know what it was and the registration and what it was doing as well? Thanks.

Hey Ben, I was on the apron when it went through, it had me spining around as i hadn't seen it on the ground, and then I caught it the next time with it's touch and go the second time. Can't help you with the rego, but it was a Hercules C-130.

F-ORMA, - MEA: Middle Eastern Airlines, A330-200, at John Holland Aviation. confused plane : French rego, middle eastern airline, with a Lebanese tree on the tail :confused:

new spotting place at YMML - There's been a road made off APAC drive where the new Toll building is, it goes behind the taxi holding area, towards the Whisky taxiways.

new spotting place at YMML - There's been a road made off APAC drive where the new Toll building is, it goes behind the taxi holding area, towards the Whisky taxiways.

Where exactly is this? Is it worth going to or better to go to operations rd?

If you want to see stuff on Whisky Taxiway or look into the hangers, and Military / government stuff that park at the BAE system hanger it's a good place, or see F-ORMA 'hiding' tail first in the JHA hanger when it was here.

APAC Drive coming from Melrose Drive towards the terminal, is after the taxi holding area, turn left at lights (where new freeway ramp is being built), left at first roundabout, new Toll corner.