Robbo

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Red...Totally forgot my apologies......

It was in the cards that he would stand you up Red, if you had been following my experience with him ! - I was out in the 'bush' or I would've come by.

Ooops it said give way to aircraft you were not an aircraft lol

- Um you give way to anything on those, I gave you a chance to, but you failed to, it was good that I knew your real name and badge number for the PIN.

Antonov 12B UR - CGV paid a visit Saturday night. Any body see it ? - was told it was impressive.

I wonder if it still has this paint job? With the amount of black smoke they belch out, it's amazing the Rural Fire Brigade didn't show up at the airport, given the current weather conditions.

[ATTACH=full]1613[/ATTACH]

Cheers, Willie.

[ATTACH]18354[/ATTACH]

an-12.jpg.860da8de8f1c650fc5fe4414225b80c6.jpg

I saw one of these take off a few years ago from Brisbane. It looked to have a cargo of burning tyres on, no bullsh!t you could see the trail for a full 15 minutes after take off with the black smog reaching out into the Pacific. It also appeared to take the full long runway before it got airbourne, was operating in UN colours and some said operated outside any weight limits imposed on others.

I'm only guessing here, but I'd imagine the An-12's would be like the D-30 engined Il-76's and only allowed here with a humanitarian or military exemption.

UR-CVG used to be an air ambulance, maybe it still is. Not sure about the UR set-up, but RA uses air ambulances to repatriate any of their citizens injured overseas. Sounds like UN exemptions might cover weights as well.

Cheers, Willie.

I wonder if it still has this paint job?

- Was given a photo of it( sorry can't post here, legal reasons) and yes same colour scheme.

only allowed here with a humanitarian or military exemption

- was told it delivered a Large aircraft part.

• 1 month later...

New airline at YMML 1st Day, today : Sichuan Airlines B-6518. Came into the Firies water welcome, and the premier saying G'day, - he was also there to annouce the third runway, seeing YMML has this new airline more flights coming, though I'm sure he didn't mention Korean pulling out - last flight Saturday, I think. Guy's last chance to capture them (on film).

• 3 weeks later...

YMML was closed for a short time today when the control tower was evacuated because smoke was coming from the computer room. Back to normal now, airlines catching up their schedules.

• 4 weeks later...

Photo Opportunity outside the JHA hanger at the moment, JQ's 100 th plane with it's pretty photo's of people jumping and doing the JQ star on it - VH VFN. " Celebrating 100 aircraft and over 100 million passengers"

A UAL 747 overshot the stop and collided with an aerobridge at YMML, damaging its leading edge and putting the aerobridge out of service.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/united-airlines-jet-hits-aerobridge-while-parking-at-melbourne-airport/story-e6frg12c-1226625848428

• 5 months later...

A couple of Newbies came into YMML today - Saturday. Qantas (Link) has a B717 making YMML home( heard it's doing the CBR run), VH -NOX was in, and played with.

Virgin not to be left out brought the new ATR 72-600 in to play with, VH-FVR.