YMML to KLAX OMFG!!!

Guest g_i_jack029

Guest g_i_jack029

Yes, that's right i loose my virginity!!! (jet flying virginity for those of you who have a sick mind or who don't have the disese)

it's with my school which i don't want to say (preditors, freaks, people who don't have the disese, you get the idea)

anyway it's a 2 week trip in october, i fly from YMML (with a clan of kids) to KLAX and get on a connecting flight to K*** (also again for privacy reasons, i'm very cautious )

i've already told my parents to be prepared that when i come home 95% of the pictures will be of aircraft and airports :D

so that actually is absolute crap load of images of non aviation related things :lol: if 5% is of america (thats about 4000 image's) what about the rest :roll: :lol:

i had to put in an application that was very tough, also the interveiw was even more tough!!! *shivers down spine*

and i was sucessful!!!!

Guest OzChris

Well done Jack - you will have a blast mate!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Ive done the Melb - LAX flight a few times (and on to NY).

Its Fun...its LONG but FUN!!

YEAH!!!

Go jack hope you have fun mate i need a holiday :D Its a long flight flown it many times make sure you get entertainment who you flying? Also hate to burst your bubble but i really really disliked Los Angeles as a city the airport is cool but the city is bad :(

Can you tell us where your connecting to after KLAX?

Make sure you take lots and lots of photo's jack and make sure its a long trip report :D

Guest OzChris
Wish I had excursions like that when I was at school

Yeah, and I wish I had of gone to school now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest g_i_jack029

LOL, thanks Guys :lol:

i will reveal everything after the trip

also, i'm going to PM robbo to see weather he can get any footage and or audio

just giving you the heads up now :P

LOL nick, i don't give a stuff about the city :P it's the airport..... OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!

i gota go to sportys LOL, and go to a video store and buy the DVD 16 Right!!!

holy guaccamolly i gota start a list!!!

well i beta run, starting my list lol

LOL, thanks Guys :lol: i will reveal everything after the trip

LOL nick, i don't give a stuff about the city :P it's the airport..... OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!

G'day mate,

What day are you departing? I will be in the US at the same time.

Speaking from someone that popped the cherry at a young age (continuting on with the sick jokes), you will have a blast.

KLAX is an experience, i will tell you that! Cannot say it is my favourite airport in the world though :lol:

Guest g_i_jack029

LOL

i don't have any exact dates yet and robbos not going to be at YMML to get any footage or audio :(

oh well, my list is starting to get bigger :D

• 1 month later...
Guest g_i_jack029

It's a school trip robbo, 5 from my school got the opportunity to go overseas to america :D i am one of them, thorough application completion, interview. The whole lot!!! I GOT THROUGH!!!

the trip is actually in November :( more time to wait :(

Guest g_i_jack029
LOL, thanks Guys :lol: i will reveal everything after the trip

G'day mate,

What day are you departing? I will be in the US at the same time.

Speaking from someone that popped the cherry at a young age (continuting on with the sick jokes), you will have a blast.

KLAX is an experience, i will tell you that! Cannot say it is my favourite airport in the world though :lol:

only just read that post then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> #-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>

briliant :mrgreen: :lol:

Guest g_i_jack029
Hey jacko hope you have fun mate remember don't take 95% airport pics mate :( Take 99% Have Fun!!!

you knew what i meant

Thanks Everyone 8)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest g_i_jack029

Chop, settle lol, dial up=SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a fairly small sized photo takes ages to load :( picture to tease the cr@p out of you all

Guest g_i_jack029

Ok, it all started on November the 14th, i with a group of around 20 kids caught the bus too early in the morning and made the trip to my favorite place in victoria...YMML. Around 12:42 the aircraft (747-400ER VH-OEI) was pushed back and we taxiied down to runway 16 .at exactly 12:52pm, the Jumbo roared down the runway. we climbed through the cloud (i had window seat). at around 1:26pm at 29,000ft we crossed over the coast near merimbula. Then after a 14 hour flight we landed on runway 25L/7R, in the morning in LAX at 02:27 AEST. Then we taxiied to the Tom Bradley terminal.

From that point on it was all school stuff that i really don't want to go into detail in (privacy reasons) anyway i can tell you some of the cool stuff we did do :D (No names of places)

things we did and notable things:

First night we went to a Football game, 2 local schools had their rivalry match.

Went to a mexican market, pretty crazy!!!!

When out on a farm saw a F/A-18 hornet go screaming accross the sky (We were near a AFB, no names)

School volleyball match at night, CRAZY!!!! our team won and half way through the whole school band came in to the stadium to support their team, awesome match!!!

Had toaster stroodle for breakfast (hard to explain, but it should be a dessert! chocolate topping and everything)

Made a massively long trip to the Seqoias (The big trees, absolutely HUGE!!!)

That night we went to and ice hockey match, folks, what you see on T.V. is basically the same. Fights within the 1st quarter, i got to go on the ice at half time!!!

The next day i went to San Fransisco!!! got to ride the cable cars and go to Alcatraz!! that was really amazing and of course got to see the bridge :D

then the last few days was taken up with tours of LA and disneyland and California adventure.

Then the return flight....WAS ON THE A380!!!!!!!!! HELLL YEAH!!!!!!! (I was sooo pumped!)

Board Aircraft: 17:26 on the 1st of december AEST

Push back: 18:40

Departure time: 19:01

Cruise stats: ALT:38,000

speed:930 k/ph- bad headwinds

temp:-51 degree celsius

Land: Time-9:59 on the 3rd of december AEST

RWY-16?

Aircraft: Airbus A380-800

Rego: (nancy bird Walton

Captain: Peter Appleton

ok, after awhile compressing the pictures down to nothing, heres a few happy snaps i've taken

The 747 that took me to the United States of America

before boarding the aircraft, a nice Untied 747 waiting

Nice sunset out the side

After landing, still in the jumbo, out the window is a United Bombardier CRJ

A380 with the Airbridge joined, waiting to go

Tail Cam in the A380

Pilot* (Note. not plural) sleeping area (this was the start of the tour :D )

I have lots more photos to add, check my gallery some time (through all the dodgey photos i might add some more america photos, but not just yet, check in a few weeks :D)

i may write up another proper trip report in a new thread and expand on everything,

thanks chop chop for making me do this :) lol

hope you all enjoy