FACE BOOK

Robbo

Guest OzChris

I singed up for face book - but I dont quite get it #-o

I am on myspace...and I can build my own pages - Facebook seems very different, not sure I get what its for?? Can you even build a profile page and photos etc??

Guest OzChris
Thinks so...I need somewhere so I don't forget all the women I meet, my mobile is out of memory :mrgreen: #-o

Yeah - I think Facebook is great for keeping track of people you meet...old friends/school mates/work mates etc...

Guest Chainsaw

Not on my radar. No chance. My 3 girls have it and have tried in vain to get me on. No way. Just another fad. It will pass.

Guest David C
Not on my radar. No chance. My 3 girls have it and have tried in vain to get me on. No way. Just another fad. It will pass.

Me too ... My wife and daughter are on it ... Seems a bit invasive to me , and whats to stop anyone creating a bogus id then "spying " on an individual . My daughter say's no it can't happen . I'm not so sure . Never put anything on the net what you don't mind the World knowing , that's my phylosophy ... Turned into a bit of a rant then hey ! :)

Dave C

Guest Chainsaw

Agreed Dave,

I have always had the thought that any piece of paper, note whatever can turn up anywhere. You just never know who will see it. People seeking employment should be careful too. Just imagine if on your Facebook profile you had pics of you being drunk and stupid and you wanting to apply for a responsible position. Goodbye job. Companies do search the net now. Facebook could be useful if you want to 'spin' yourself.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html

BEFORE posting the latest photos of yourself up to no good on Facebook or MySpace, think again - your next employer could be watching.That's the message from the Victorian government, which today released a list of security tips to assist people to protect their privacy on online social networking sites.

Victorian Deputy Premier and Attorney-General Rob Hulls said in light of new research showing employers were using social networking sites to research candidates, people needed to step up their privacy settings.

"Social networking sites such as Facebook are a fast-growing phenomenon,'' Mr Hulls said in a statement.

"Social network users need to realise that the information and photos they put into cyberspace in some cases can be seen by others and can leave a digital tattoo that can be difficult to erase.

"The latest research from the US suggests 44 per cent of employers are now using sites like MySpace and Facebook to research job candidates.''

Mr Hulls said anyone thinking of using a social networking site should plan ahead to help prevent privacy breaches.

He suggested asking someone who uses the site about their experience first and thinking about what information to include in your profile.

"As a general rule, it's best not to publish information you would not want the world to know,'' he said.

Mr Hulls said privacy settings should be adjusted and other people's privacy respected by asking their permission before posting something relating to them.

Any attempts to threaten or harass someone through social networking sites should be reported to police, he said.

The privacy tips will be published on the government's Department of Justice website to coincide with Privacy Awareness Week, from August 24 to 30.

Robbo' date=' maybe I can lend you [i']my[/i] sim one day if yours is running out of memory?

Oh my brain just woke up :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Keep dreaming Darren... There is a nice girl who works at the supermarket little hottie and I think she is on it :o

You can actually block your page from users you do not know. The person will not be able to see your picture, will not be able to view any major personal information, but you can see their name (And sometimes location) for people who are searching for you to add you as a friend. I have a facebook and a Bebo, bebo is the least used of the two but both are great to find some long lost friends and to keep in touch with your friends by posting on their wall, sharing photos and videos and also meeting new people. If a perosn creates a fake persona, or is trying to discredit someone you can actually apply to Facebook or Bebo to have the account removed. But it is up to the person as to if you want one, I do and I find it a great way to keep in touch, but I can also have my own animations and join/create groups of interest.