SAAA Convention Cowra Sep 19-21 2008

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

Just wondering who may be there? I am flying down to Melbourne with Jetstar on Thursday the 18th Sep and then leaving in formation with Paul Andronicou's Extra 300S in his RV8. Might leave that afternoon or the Friday morning (19th Sep). Should take us 2.5hrs from Melbourne to Cowra. Flying back to Melbourne in formation again on Sunday 21st Sep then back to Sydney with Jetstar on Monday 22nd Sep. Sounds like it will be a good weekend with quite a few displays. I will be doing Paul's ground work during the weekend. Would be good to catch a few of you from the forums and have a chat over some beers (or 6).

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I can travel the distance to get there. It's a long 7 1/2 minutes drive :P

Just kidding :)

Do you guys need a couple extra hands?

then leaving in formation with Paul Andronicou's Extra 300S in his RV8.

Fit a citation in the formation :mrgreen:

lol jks :mrgreen:

I should drive up. Glenno how longs it take to drive from Albury? Takes me 4 hours to drive to Albury so how far beyond?

3.5 to 4 hrs if you come up via wagga. You don't need to drive right through wagga either. Don't go Gundagai, too many road works and it will take you 5 hrs

3.5 to 4 hrs if you come up via wagga. You don't need to drive right through wagga either. Don't go Gundagai' date=' too many road works and it will take you 5 hrs[/quote']I might drive up if I can get the time off. Couple of girls I know keep asking me to take them to the airshow at Avalon but it's to far away so might see if they will settle for this :roll: #-o :mrgreen: =D>

Guest OzChris

I might see if I can get the weekend off...not sure how long it would take me from Ballarat?? Might even fly up...can I park an aircraft there? or is it full/too busy for that weekend??

Guest OzChris

Wow thats a long way - looking at the map :shock:

I think I will definitely fly in with my partner if we can get the time off...maybe fly the J230 @ 125kts

Guest David C

It all depends on my work roster . Hopefully I can "arrange " a couple of days off . I would be flying the Mibsubishi at ground level at about 50Kts ground speed , and probably be there just for the Saturday , as I want to grab the QF A380 delivery in SYD and possibly ?? the V Australia B777 delivery too the following day . I know a few of the Camden Chapter 2 SAAA guys will be there , Just Fred in particular , so Darren will be enertained at least . Know what I mean !! :lol: :lol:

Dave C

Guest OzChris
I would be flying the Mibsubishi at ground level at about 50Kts ground speed

Do Mitsubishi's actually go that fast?? :lol:

Guest David C

:lol: :lol: .... Mine has 308,000Km on the clock , so you do make a good point ! I was hoping Qantas could do a D check on it , but on second thoughts , maybe not !!

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters

Yes, I will be entertained Dave :lol: Uncle Fred is never short of conversation!!! Would be good to see you all there! Chris, fly up mate. Would be good to finally meet you mate. Robbo, I don't think the Citation will be able to slow down enough. Then again, I think its cruise is around 180kts. Correct me if I am wrong. 180kts might be when pushing it though. 150kts the norm for the RV8? Anyway, yes, Robbo will be buying the beers.

Guest Darren Masters
Heard that there wil be hot air balloons and Pip Borman is supposed to be coming as well

Sounds good :D

Guest OzChris

Sounds REAL good :D

I soooo hope we can get the time off!

I might get the whole family along...my eldest is in a musical production at that time, so Im hoping she can get that weekend off. would be a nice weekend getaway 8)

especially with Robbo buying the beers =D> =D>