SAAA Convention Cowra Sep 19-21 2008

Guest Darren Masters

Guest David C

Looks like I'm not going to be there :( .... I've been rostered on work both the Saturday and Sunday for the 1.30pm to 10.00pm shift ... I haven't got a hope in hells chance of anyone wanting to do a swap , so I'll have to be there in spirit only I'm afraid ..... Not happy !! :evil:

Dave C

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

especially with Robbo buying the beers =D> =D>

poor bloody robbo #-o #-o #-o

:mrgreen:

I should put together a aviation seminar at the local school up there and combine it into the weekend so it makes it all worth it. Glenno any 5 star accomadation up around Cowra?

And from what I just heard, one of my images of the Panther Jet is on the front cover current/previous issue of the SAAA Magazine too. As mentioned in my previous missive Mr Gross and his wife are planning on flying the Jet down for the get together. You guys will have to have a sneak peak. Picked up the best homebuilt award at the Festival of Flight last weekend.

Regards

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darren Masters

Indeed mate. The flies last time...Weather looks ok. Paul and I may have to take off Thursday after lunch sometime though as Melbourne is looking not so good Friday onwards but NSW is ok (for now). Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.

Guest Darren Masters

Just wondering again...a show of hands as to who from these forums will be there? Glenn, your weather is offering us a bit of a mixed bag at this stage mate!! Hope it stays fine with minimum wind (from above that is) :tongue:

Guest Darren Masters

Cool. Wind is supposed to settle Glenn so should be ok. Robbo, shame you cannot make it mate :frown: Looks as though it will be a good weekend anyway. At this point maybe taking off Melbourne Thursday arvo (still our thoughts today) do to the crappy weather Melbourne Friday. Paul has to adjust the idle mixture on the Extra as it is playing up. He is going to fiddle with that tomorrow and it should be sorted out by then. I am flying out of Sydney 0600 Thursday morning on JQ (stay tuned for trip report) I am taking the Cyber-Shot this time Glenn so some better pics than the old fish eye

Guest Darren Masters

Not a problem Chris. Now 20.55 and still need to pack the rest of my bags. Probably had a bit too much of the red wine stuff and need to get up at 0300 to get out to my folks to make the 0600 flight. Already checked in and printed my JQ boarding pass for seat 28A on the right-hand side of the A320. I will have the camera ready buddy for the sunrise and other pics. Shame you cannot make it. Would have been real good to catch up with you.

Darren ,

Have a great weekend . I wished I could have made it , but , alas it's not to be . I believe Fred is motoring off tomorrow morning , you should see him there , if you don't hear him first that is !! ... Only joking Fred .. My thoughts will be definitely be with you all this weekend ...Clear skies ahead I hope ..

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters

Thanks for the comments Dave. I am sad you cannot make it :frown: Would have been good to catch up after all that has happened mate. We can catch up after the event. I will look out for Uncle Fred. Will be good to see him again! (or hear him as you say) :biggrin: Robbo, my mobile is 0409 066 394. I will be floating around Melbourne tomorrow. Arrive at Avalon at 0735 and then flying somewhere around Latrobe Valley in the RV8 to another airfield??? PM me your mobile and I will text you. Thanks buddy. Dave, hope you have a smooth working weekend anyhow. I will take some pics for you. Glenn, I will sms you what we are doing so you have an ETA (incase you feel like having a beer after our long flight) :biggrin::biggrin:

Glenn, I will sms you what we are doing so you have an ETA (incase you feel like having a beer after our long flight)

No problem. Can be taxi service if you like :)

Guest Darren Masters
No problem. Can be taxi service if you like :)

I was thinking that...lol, jokes. We don't have ground transport so far so we will probably take you up on that. Anyway, we can hang out this time and you can show me some Cowra scenery 022_wink.gif.9d61fed85ccaec4ccc17040770c5c601.gif Looking forward to it.