SAAA Convention Cowra Sep 19-21 2008

Guest Darren Masters

Another fantastic event this weekend. Great weather, great company and good fun.

I survived my introduction to aerobatics this morning with 2 barrel rolls, a loop and a cuban 8 in the RV8.

Special thanks to Paul, Shane and Darren for helping to make this year an enjoyable one

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darren Masters

No problem Glenn Thanks to you as well for being our Cowra taxi service for the weekend! Good to catch up with you Chainy. Sorry I missed you when you left. I was in tent B with Paul during his safety seminar. Was good to catch up with some familiar faces again and to meet some new ones. That's the truly amazing thing about flying or being intersted in flying, the constant friends you have and the new ones you meet. Numbers down from last year but a good and very memorable weekend. Glenn, I will upload a trip report and some pics of my whole trip from leaving Sydney on Thursday morning to my return to Sydney tomorrow night. There is lots to talk about, lots of pics to share. We just got back not long ago. Had a refuel stop in Wangaratta and then on to Latrobe Valley, had a long chat with locals there then back in the RV8 with Paul to Lilydale. Needless to say I am exhausted after a very long weekend and will post more tomorrow.

Guest Darren Masters
Sounds like you had an awesome time Guys!Hey I like your new avatar Glenn...Red Nose Day ;]

Yes Chris, a bit like mine after the sun out at Cowra during the weekend :biggrin:

Darren if you see Shane can you ask him if that last flip was a cuban 8 or a half cuban? I think it was only half.

I'm feeling a lit sore in both calves and slightly around the ankles. Whether the aeros wasa cause I don't know, but it was worth it. Must do it again

Hey I like your new avatar Glenn...Red Nose Day ;]

Thanks. That's Paul's Extra 300s

Not a problem at all helping you guys out Darren. I am happy to do it again and at anytime. Thanks for the couple drinks Friday night too.

I have just uploaded 101 photos to the SAAA 2008 category

There are also 8 photos from Winney who also lives in Cowra.

Here's a couple not in the gallery.

Paul and Shane

Darren and Shane just before departure Sunday

[ATTACH]17817[/ATTACH]

IMG_5122.JPG.063acccaf335186442dc0c5252a889ff.JPG

Guest Darren Masters

A couple too many. Gosh, I think Glenn and I were both suffering on Saturday up until about lunch time (or possibly after) :biggrin: Glenn, nice shots (except the one with my head in it) :biggrin: You are a sneaky man with the camera. One does not even notice that you are snapping away! I did see you get blasted by dust though when Paul started the Extra though! That lady had her young kid on the fence too. Must have almost blown the kid off that fence. I will try to find out what it was for you.

Hmm that photo with you in it, we should have a caption contest :biggrin: Wonder what you were thinking about :rolleyes:

No way I could've done aeros on Saturday.

I wasn't thinking when standing behind the Extra. I wanted to try and get shots when Paul started up. I had blast though, no damage done. Now I need to find a jet and do the same thing.

From what I heard at the weekend you can most likely expect to see a Replica Panther Jet at the SAAA Convention as well.Scott

Indeed it was. On arrival it did a very low pass down the runway. Also got to see it depart on Sunday.

Guest Darren Masters

Saw it too Glenn on the way to the airfield for our departure Sunday morning. ****** loud aircraft :eek: Oh not, not Pip, you should put a pic of the Extra up 001_smile.gif.6386dc7a3bee1687774534e35ad7aba8.gif I will have a trip report with some pics up hopefully tonight. See how I go for time. Did not get home from the airport until midnight then got to bed about 1.30am and got up at 6am for work :eek:

Guest Darren Masters

Thanks Chris and Glenn. I know it is only the Cyber-Shot I was using but I did take the time to steady and frame those shots accordingly. Glad you enjoyed them!