Avalon Airshow 2009

Robbo

Fellow aviators,

I thought I would start this topic as its getting close to Avalon. Feel free to let us know if you plan to go and also we will post aircraft that are planning to attend.

Cheers,

Skipper

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack...

You should volunteer mate, I did it back in 1999 and loved it !! Free food, tickets for you and family, after show entertainment etc etc.

Then I met my girlfriend at the 2001 airshow. Hmmm hang on this airshow will make it our 8th anniversary :)

Dunno how she has put up with me for this long.......

Jack... You also get uniform, hat, drink bottle, stickers, badges, free transport etc etc.

Oh.... I just noticed you have to be over 18........

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna go and get Gold Pass - First Class, but the problem is, I dont really wanna go by myself, and most of my friends are not really into aviation and dont want to spend that much money on a Gold Pass ticket!

Guest g_i_jack029

Hey Wombat, take anyone who has an appreciation for very loud, low pitched rumbling, massive power and speed. Introduce them to aviation.

If you know anyone whose thought about flying....just the slightest....TAKE THEM!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steve R

Getting pricey - $50 general admission and $220 per night for hotel plus hire of a motor, it's only once every 2 years though :)

Guest Darren Masters

I think Paul will be involved in this one too so I will pass as ground crew and stay at Paul's place. I am sure there is room for some tents out the back...

Guest Darren Masters

At least we can all make it an 'eyeball' or meet up. Who cares who is in a tent after a few drinks :biggrin::biggrin:

Never know where you could end up after a few drinks.

I'm getting some trade passes posted to me. Not sure how many there will be though, maybe 3 or 4. Guess I better buy a tent