More big news...

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

All, like Chris, I have my own big news and am about to burst!!! I am going over to Auckland departing Sydney on the 6th of Jan on Aerolineas Argentinas flight AR 1183 (A340) and returning Auckland Sydney on Aerolineas Argentinas AR 1182 (A340) on 11th Jan for cabin crew asessement. It will mean a relocation to Auckland NZ but it is something I have wanted to do for a while deep down and feel privileged to have the opportunity. Stay tuned for more...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OzChris

Thats Great Darren - as you know I have spent many years as a Hostie, with both Ansett and Qantas - you will love it! :]

When do you find out if you get in??

How exciting!!

Guest Darren Masters

Thanks again all for the comments Chris, assessements are on the 8th. If I get invited on the 9th for further talks, I will have a fair idea.

Guest OzChris

Awesome Darren - you will do GREAT!!

If I can give any advice it will be to remind you to be YOURSELF, not who you think they want you to be (if that makes sense). They are looking for genuine and friendly people, you will be perfect!

Guest Darren Masters
Anytime Darren...Did you get my message yesterday with my new mobile number?

Thanks Chris. Yes I did thanks buddy I had not recharged the phone so could not reply...I have the new number now. Hope you had a good day yesterday.

Guest Darren Masters

Now returning on QF as they did a better price :biggrin::biggrin: Still flying over with Aerolineas. It will be my first time flying on an A340.

Guest David C
Now returning on QF as they did a better price :biggrin::biggrin: Still flying over with Aerolineas. It will be my first time flying on an A340.

Enjoy the A340... As you know I have a few hours in A340-200, 300's and 500's . They are all quiet airplanes , especially the 300 series , due mostly I think to the lack of any significant engine thrust :biggrin:.. The climb rate is "sedate" and thanks mainly to the curvature of the Earth . You will enjoy the flight though ..Best of luck mate with the interview ..

Dave C

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darren Masters

Flight over yesterday was ok although nothing to write home about as they say. Rego of A340 was LV-ZPX. There was a cabin crew that could not be bothered doing their job but atleast I got here in one piece and got to have a few beers onboard. Weather here at the moment is awesome. Nice and sunny and a comfortable 24. Interview is tomorrow so I am looking forward to that to see the outcome. Will post later and will do a full trip report on return to Oz.

Guest OzChris

Darren - glad to hear you made it safely...

All the very best to you mate - but as I told you, you dont need it, you are the man for the job, you will do GREAT!

Cant wait to hear the GOOD NEWS

Guest Darren Masters

Well guys whatever it is you did with your well wishes (or what I did in the interviews) worked :biggrin::biggrin: I must say that I am as happy as a pig in you know what!!! Chris, your advice on the phone was invaluable mate. I really thank you for that. Back there at 0900 tomorrow where they will discuss pay etc etc. Cabin crew training will commence end of Feb/Mar for their Auckland Sydney/Gold Coast launch in April so I will have to re-locate by March. Only thing left will be the medical which I have passed before for GA so I don't see there being a big problem. I am just soooo excited about the whole thing. Flying, to me, is what I always want to do so I don't think it will be a job as such :biggrin: Thanks again all. I need to go and calm down now!