More big news...

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Chainsaw

Well done Dazza. Huge congrats to you. This is wonderful for you mate :)

Now all we have to do is twist somebody's arm to take over Darrens ATC Feed in Sydney. (or break it if they don't LOL)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OzChris

Darren well done - you are perfect for the job!

Im so happy for you mate! You are gonna have a blast!!

2009 is your year buddy...

Guest OzChris

Just dont quit smoking Darren:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I am so gonner board one of his flights and start causing havoc :)

You only have to board a flight to cause havoc :lol:

Well done Daz. I can only envy you. I would love to get a job that you have just got. All the best on your new career path. Will you still be doing your work with ultralights?

Guest Darren Masters

Thanks again all. Nice vid too Chris Chop, I will look at the ultralight scene here when I come back here next. Apparently it is quite 'happening' here. There are some really scenic areas to fly around too (from what I can see). Chainy, SYD feed will be replaced by AKL feed. See? Simple...that way you can hear the overflies you see overhead your place when they land in AKL

Guest Chainsaw
Thanks again all. Nice vid too Chris Chop, I will look at the ultralight scene here when I come back here next. Apparently it is quite 'happening' here. There are some really scenic areas to fly around too (from what I can see). Chainy, SYD feed will be replaced by AKL feed. See? Simple...that way you can hear the overflies you see overhead your place when they land in AKL

Ok Daz, then you had better think about an SBS unit for PlanePlotter too. The PP community needs a kiwi feed. Now that would be special too :)

Guest Darren Masters
Ok Daz, then you had better think about an SBS unit for PlanePlotter too. The PP community needs a kiwi feed. Now that would be special too :)

I was thinking about that too. Seeing as there is not one here I would have to get one methinks.

Guest Chainsaw
I was thinking about that too. Seeing as there is not one here I would have to get one methinks.

That would be one popular feed Daz. Pop the antenna up on the big tower over there and we will get coverage all the way across the 'detch'.

You only have to board a flight to cause havoc :lol:

:biggrin: I have heard that to many times. You cant talk Chop !!!

You caused trouble at a certain venue and made them go off there nut at me :eek::rolleyes:

Guest David C

Only just picked up on this post .... I'm green with envy :biggrin:.... Absolutely all the very best congratulations on achieving your aims .. Both Marilyn and I are delighted that you have at last got the recognition and just deserts that you have strived for for a long time ... It's a long way across the Tasman (and slow !! ) in a Bantam , how am I going to manage at The Oaks without my mate ...

Best wishes

Dave and Marilyn (XXX from Marilyn )

Guest Darren Masters
Only just picked up on this post .... I'm green with envy :biggrin:.... Absolutely all the very best congratulations on achieving your aims .. Both Marilyn and I are delighted that you have at last got the recognition and just deserts that you have strived for for a long time ... It's a long way across the Tasman (and slow !! ) in a Bantam , how am I going to manage at The Oaks without my mate ...Best wishes

Dave and Marilyn (XXX from Marilyn )

Hey Dave and Marilyn. Thanks for the kind words Mate, I would not even think about it in the Bantam. You know how long it took us to reach mid-downwind one day :biggrin: You will have to both come for a visit. I met another girl today at the next phase of recruitment that also flies 'microlights' as they call them here. She flies a RANS. Only has 10hrs or so up and loves it. She said it is around $100NZD/hr depending on where you fly but there is apparently some nice flying to be had around here. Again, thanks for the kind words and yes, it is something I have wanted to do for a long long time.

Guest OzChris
I met another girl today at the next phase of recruitment that also flies 'microlights' as they call them here.

They let "GIRLS" fly over there??? :eek::eek::eek:

What next?? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just kidding...sounds really great Darren (and pretty cheap)!

Guest OzChris
I met another girl today at the next phase of recruitment that also flies 'microlights' as they call them here.

They let "GIRLS" fly over there??? :eek::eek::eek:

What next?? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just kidding...sounds really great Darren (and pretty cheap @$90 AU)!

Guest Michael Coates

Somebody once said (a braver person than me) that...

"if women were meant to fly the sky would be pink"

:eek:

I met another girl today at the next phase of recruitment

Oh God !!!!

He lives up to his name. He is not even in the air yet and he is already working on the hosties !!!!

:biggrin: You took my advice well Mr Masters. You have sure lived up to your name.

Guest OzChris
Chris do you fly domestic?

I hung my hostie skirt up a couple of years ago...

but I flew out of Perth with QF - Domestic cabin crew.

I enjoyed a lot of 'regional flying' into Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, And so forth, as well as the entire Australian Domestic routes.

Had a blast with both Ansett and then Qantas...Best job ever!

I hung my hostie skirt up a couple of years ago..

you were a different skirt now don't you Chris, it comes out on special occasions :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Darren im so gonner call you a "trolly dolly" now

Guest Darren Masters

I've been called a few things during my lifetime Robbo :biggrin: Chainy, I am flying back tomorrow morning on QF 50 departing AKL at 0630 and arriving into Sydney 0755. It is a 767-300 ER. I had the flight details in my signature Last post here before back in Sydney. Have fun all