Mozilla Thunderbird

Robbo

Guest Michael Coates

Same here... been using Netscape/Thunderbird since my first internet connection on dial-up at 1200 baud rate. Never had a program failure, never had a problem, easy to use, no virus's 10 out of 10 from me

Guest Darren Masters

Had it for years too Robbo. Well worth installing mate. Never had any dramas (like with most Microsoft stuff) I use it alongside Firefox and get awesome performance. My PC is coming up to 6yrs old now and still performing well. Then again I did pay a coupla grand back then to have it custom made. I just find it is way more stable with Mozilla applications. There, have I sold it to you yet?

Yeah me too

I have been using both Firefox and Thunderbird for a few years now . Don't quote me on this but I have been told that most viruses are written for Microsoft programmes which makes lesser known software safer to use.

Also I think that the old Aussie adage applies here about giving the little guy a go.

Dags

• 1 month later...

I've had a (nudge nudge, wink wink) version of Outlook for a couple or more years and have recently loaded Thunderbird & Firefox. (where DO they get these names from...?)

No hassles with either, save for the usual issues for an old fart (me) with adapting to the "it looks DIFFERENT!" thing (a particular problem with She Who Must Be Obeyed....).

I'd say go for it - you can keep Explorer & Outlook loaded - no problem there, and I've also started to use Open Office instead of the N.N.W.W version of Office: again, no real hassles.

Cheers, Geoff.

Guest graham lea

We use Outlook for the apointments/calendar and synchronising with the mobile phones. Firefox is fine, never had a problem with it, Thunderbird needs setting up and having done this with outlook email I dont need to do it again. I tried some of the other Open programs but the training to changeover forour staff looked a bit daunting when they already use Office...

Guest Chainsaw
I've noticed lately during testing of TAA that Chrome hasn't been displaying all of the images

Maybe you need to update your version Glenn. Mine shows all just fine. In fact a new update is available tonight. (click the spanner and then About Chrome)