My flight training progress

Guest g_i_jack029

Guest OzChris

Sounds like a great day Jack...did you have to pay for that flight or did you do the work in exchange for flying?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest g_i_jack029

This is the great thing about the flight school i go to, the figure, the plane MUST go over there, what better opportunity for a student to go for the experience, so its a free flight. The plane MUST go there so they pick a student or if a student asked or if someone needs an hour or two nav :D lucky me

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OzChris

Hope its better for you next week Jack...

If Bendigo is anything like Ballarat today - it is cold, wet and gusty winds!

Guest g_i_jack029

Yeh, Echuca was very cold!!!!

I actually had a great time!!!! even though a few things only flew on sunday i was talking to this nice bloke (who i should mention i don't think) anyway, he let me jump the fence and come with him (he was with the AAAA and was authorized to be out there;). Showed me the planes and explained all the little quirks and how this model at a straight tail or swept tail. Looked in an Auster where the fuel guage was in the wing and had a big flap lever above your head.

All in all for me i considered the day to great!!! but cold

Guest g_i_jack029

Ok, latest flight lesson news

Arrived at the aerodrome about 10min early, enjoying the Saturday morning activity around the aerodrome, also today and tomorrow being the Cessna 182 fly-in. My Instructor landed late and debreifed his student very late, which was fine with me because i just sat at the bench taking photos and listening to the sound of all sorts of aircraft.

My instructor apologized about the delay and we headed out to the Warrior. Preflighted, tanks were topped up so i jumped in. I got all sorted out and seatbelt on, usual process, did the engine run-up, everything looked good so we taxiied to the Hold point.

Did our checks, but the pattern was busy! So we sat and sat and sat. Watched planes do touch and go's, finally there was a gap in the traffic so we backtracked 17. Lined up as an aircraft was just about to turn final, full power and rolled down the runway. 60kts rotated, at 500ft AGL my instructor told me to look at the runway..........oh bugga :( we had drifted HEAPS left of the center line!!!

Departed downwind for the training area and started doing some stalls, my instructor was pleased with the stalls. I think the least amount of altitude lost in one of my stalls was 120ft.

My instructor decided we would head back for a straight in approach, touch and go. Lined up and started our descent, landing light on and make the radio calls. On final it was cool to see an aircraft just about to turn onto a base leg but held off a little longer.

Over the fence pulled the power to idle and slowly raised the nose, bit more, little more.....Absolute greaser! My instructor burst out laughing, much to my confusion. He was pretty amazed at my landing.......(I couldn't stop grinning for the whole of upwind).

Second touch and go, another good landing, my instructor was happy with this one. Third approach (Full stop) my instructor said "Right, i'm not saying a word for the whole of final." So i just did what i normally do, the landing was ok once again and my instructor was happy. Taxiied and shut down. My instructor was very pleased with the flight :D

Another great lesson, hope you all enjoyed

It's a good feeling when you get one right, isn't it Jack?

The pilot of the Sharp Metroliner to Port Augusta last week managed a very smooth touchdown- so good, in fact, that it was hard to tell when the wheels actually settled onto the tarmac, and the sleeping passenger just ahead of me only woke up when the reverse pitch came on.

Now that's smooth!!

Coop