Looking for an instructor school

TAA Steve

Wow it's been a long time since I've posted here...

(NB. I have posted this on another well known aviation forum, but thought I'd come back here as well for a wider range of opinions)

I'm currently training for a multi-engine command instrument rating at Archerfield.

Once I finish (around the end of the year) I'd like to continue with an instructor rating.

I'm now at the point where I would like to start looking into the various schools in the area at their instructor rating courses.

Before I start making some initial calls, I want to create a list of things I should be looking for in a good course.

At this stage, my thoughts are:

• Aircraft type (therefore cost)

• Average time to complete course (have heard full time courses usually around 3 months)

• Start dates

• Average number of students per course

• Potential for job at conclusion

• Industry contacts the school/instructors have for future employment

• Potential for charter work with the school

• Total number of students/instructors at the school (indicator of job prospects)

• General vibe

If anyone can add anything to this list, that would be great. The plan is to give some schools in the area a ring first to get initial information, then go and visit and talk to instructors, CFI, see the school etc.

Or if anyone recommends a school, let me know (by PM if you don't want to post publically).

Thanks!