Birmingham UK Photos

Guest David C

Guest David C

I happened to call into my old spotting haunt , Birmingham , yesterday to check out the comings and going at this busy UK regional airport . BHX handles 10 Million PAX a year off a single runway . It is a 24Hour airport , no curfews here , and flights are operated as far as Mexico in the West and Islamabad and Dubai in the East . There is usually a few aircraft of note , and yesterday was no different ..Here are a few of the photos I shot .. the weather was pretty ordinary , so please excuse some of the quality ..

Atlantic Airways ATP G-MANH . a freight hauler

Helvetic F100 , HB-JVE , operating in lieu of the usual Swiss International flight

Emirates B773ER A6-EBZ , a regular BHX visitor blasts off to Dubai as the EK40

PIA B773ER AP-BHV arrives from Islamabad

Lufthansa Regional RJ85 D-AEWG

A based Flybe D8-400 G-JECS

"Emirates 39 Runway 15 Cleared to land "

A rare bird .. Mahan Air A310 EP-MHO deps to Tehran

Turkish Airlines A320 TC-JPP... This flight is usually a B737-800

I hope you like these shots ... something a little different..

Dave C

Guest David C

The old Elmdom terminal and tower are still there . They are used as a base for exec and freight movements , and nothing has really changed over that side , in fact the old multi story car park is still in use and is a great spot for morning photography . Are you familiar with the present day terminals ??? ... The best spot for photos is the long stay 1 car park , this is where my photos were shot ...

Yeah ... Up the Villa you say .... I'm a Baggies fan , I'll say no more !!!:tongue:

Dave C

Haven't been there since 1981, so I am not much familiar with it at all...But, looking forward to seeing all the changes. I have an uncle has promised to show me the best vantage points, he has mentioned the carpark. Travel safely my fellow Brummie.

Baggies fan?...enough said...lol

Guest David C

Pricey ... If like me you still have a soft spot for Brum Airport , then you may like to check out this great site ..http://www.flyintobhx.co.uk/

Cheers .

Dave C