Qantas USA flights: which aircraft is which?

Tim E

Hi all..can anyone please help with information.

If I were to fly to LAX USA from Melbourne, which flight number is the A 380 and which versions of the 747 also fly the routes and on which flight numbers?

Specifically thinking of QF 93 from Melbourne but other flights too..Thanks . Tim

Guest David C

Tim .

Qantas operate the A380 on the MEL -LAX route on Mondays and Wednesdays . The flight number is QF93 . On all other days the service is operated by a B747-438ER of which Qantas operates 6 of the type , and are the newest 747's in the fleet ,the flight number remains the QF93 . Qantas also operate the QF25 on the MEL-AKL-LAX daily and usually send an older B747-400 on this one ...

I assume the A380 frequency will increase when more aircraft are delivered . For your info Qantas take delivery of their 5th A380 this Sunday VH-OQE and their 6th in early January .. Hope this info is of use .

Dave C

Thanks Dave..very helpful information. I'm guessing the A 380 would return on Mondays and Wednesdays too as they arrive at 7.30 a.m same day into LAX ?

Thats helpful information if one definitely wants to try the new plane and can plan ahead around those days. Appreciated Dave. Tim

Guest David C

Tim , that's correct . The QF94 departs at 2305 local time LAX on Mondays and Wednesdays and arrives at 0940 local time MEL two days later , so the A380 gets into MEL on Wednesday and Friday mornings as the QF94 ..

Dave C

• 2 weeks later...