Any SBS (mode-s, ADS-B) users in NZ?

Guest DickNL

Hi all, I am an ACARS and HFDL logger from the Netherlands. At times I also use Planeplotter to monitor traffic in other parts of the world.

Based on http://scooterhound.com/WWWR/planes/ there are several ADS-B users in eastern Australia but apparently none in NZ.

Does this mean that there are no SBS users in NZ or just that the do not use Planeplotter?

Cheers,

Dick

Guest Darren Masters

I did the ATC for a while live here from AKL but I am sure I would have the same reaction if trying ADS-B. I was basically told to cease the transmissions by the NZ Govt or face legal action. I chose to cease the transmissions.

Hi guys, thanks for the response, Darren's post clearly explains it. Good choice Darren, I'm sure we all would have obeyed.. Cheers, Dick

Guest Chainsaw
Chainy, wondering what prompts you to say that about the NZ authorities, Ozzy ones don't seem to mind do they?

Oh nothing negative, it's just a different country with different rules (a good country too). I am so grateful that Australia allows us to monitor planes.

Mind you, it would be great to see traffic out of AKL for example.

Guest invergordon

I feel that the NZ authorities are well in line with the australians so I don't see a problem with it either, i just need the hardware to do it!

Guest Darren Masters

That was my argument but there was absolutely no point in arguing. They did not care what feed I had in Aust etc etc.