Qwerty is a naughty boy

TAA Qwerty

Hi guys,

Here is the gist of a PM that I recieved on this site. I don't want to cause any strife here but I am concerned about my reputation preceeding me and I'd appreciate (please moderators) an oportunity to clear the air.

"Hi Qwerty, I see you have been booted from the "other" site and thats creating a real stir... there are now 4 pages of people wanting Qwerty back.... "XXX" and "XXXX" have basically said your a bad apple.......... Anyway welcome to The Aussie Aviator !! Regards "MXXXXXX"

Firstly, yes I'm the same Qwerty. I evidently earned a three day ban on another aviation web site without explanation. I have no idea why.

I have no intention of offending anyone unless they really need to be offended. I am aware that my sense of humor is a bit off beat sometimes. I am aware that I am not the most socially aware individual on the planet but I think I am a decent bloke with a unique perspective to offer.

If I screw up just tell me, I am virtually offend proof, I was once told that I have the hide of a rhinocerous over an ego that doesn't need it.

I do have a major character flaw that I don't seem to be able to change. I am pretty intolerant of stupidity and don't confuse lack of knowledge for stupidity. Stupidity is saying things like speed kills when plainly it does not, eg. the astronaughts in the last space shuttle managed to travel at 17 km per second which is very fast and it didn't kill them.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone?

Cheers, Qwerty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chainsaw

Mate,

You think you have a weird sense of humor..you should try mine. I'm sure everybody that knows me on here just roll their eyes at me (after they have appreciated my cleverness LOL).

What happens on other sites is their business and doesn't bother me the slightest. I wish them all well.

You are here and that's all that matters...AND you are accepted 100%.. weird sense of humor and all.

Time to move on eh :)

btw, I love your name, it's almost as good as Chainsaw!

...and now to hear some of your wonderful stories...

Thanks fellas

Trip report.....?? how about today I pulled out my Lightwing and took her for a spin. I love that aeroplane, it felt like an old pair of boots. there was a 15Kn crosswind gustig to 20 kn on the main strip so guess where I elected to land...you guessed it, on the main strip. I did three or four beautiful, smooth landings in the gusty crappy conditions, they should have been three pointers but it was canted over so far that the left main and the tail wheel touched down about 70-90 m before the main right. I just love doing that stuff.

On the other hand I took the Jab out with a new guy that I just met today as Pax. Fortunately he was a pilot because my landing was hiddeous. At one point all I could see out the windscreen was blue and we were over at a silly angle. It all came together in the end but it was awfully messy there for a bit.

I'll give it a go again tomorrow. A guy I met online is over from NZ, he called and asked for a fly so we are into it tomorrow. This guy built a weather forcast decoder, it turns the Met Buero gobbledygook into plain english, give it a go at http://ausmet.ibwrk.com/

Ah... there you are Qwerty! Damn I would have loved to see the other site moderator's reaction had someone posted that you could now be found on this site!!!! The term "control freak" comes to mind. In my opinion not at all a good situation for a Board member of our Ra-Aus. I too have been banned "over there" several times... always for mentioning the "C" word... I was not game to post in support of you because I didn't want to get booted.

Chainy, no worries about the Temora story. To start with my girlfriend has pulled the pin so it looks like I will be spending the weekend in a king sized spa room with one of my mates....I guess I should choose carefully hahaha.

Windsor, Thanks for the support........Qwerty rides again. Reporting ops normal, Am I going to see you at Temora??

If I can get there from Tas, You can make the effort from QLD. Its not that far. I once flew to Mackay from Tassie to get one of my mates to have a look at my radio that was playing up a bit. He was busy for a few days when I got there so I went to Port Douglas to kill time. Since I was at Port D, I took the opportunity to have a look at Cook Town. Temora, too easy, just get in and head south.

Qwerty... I think I get the impression that from my posts it has become assumed that I am a multi hour rated Pilot... Not that I have ever claimed anything of the sort but I do have a lot of passion and some knowledge... I grew up in a family that lived and breathed aviation... namely gliding. My grandfather was a founding member of the club and my parents met and courted on the airfield. I was even conceived at the 1968 nationals (Dad came 6th I believe)... any how the gliding club ceased operations when I was 15 or so years old and I went of on my wayward way and had many adventures but never seemed to get much more flying time under my belt... just the occasional flight with a family friend in his Super Cub, some time in a Skyfox when they first appeared... very little else. I started looking into Ultralights in the late 80's- took me a few years but even managed to convince my dad that were not deathtraps and he did his certificate in a Drifter a few years ago (unfortunately not flying much now due to illness.

I am now 41 and joined this (and other) aviation forums a few years ago because I was finally in a position to be able to realize the dream. The plan was to travel south to a school and finally get that certificate but I have not rushed because to me it seemed a bit of a waste (and potentially deadly with not being able to maintain currency) because there are were no available Ra-Aus aircraft in Mackay.

Anyway.... Finally after Xmas this year I got an E-mail from my dad... his old mate Murray Knight was on route to Mackay in a Jabiru170 for a new Ra-Aus flying school being established here... So I have had one lesson and have 1.4 hours up in Jabiru 5229 and can't wait for more but the weather up here is monsoonal at the moment which is literally putting a dampener on things.

So... the life long dream is finally taking shape. I found the Jabiru to be really nice to fly. Felt much more substantial than the Gazelle I took for a TIF at a GA flight school here last year. The next step in my dream (and I have found that so many things in life start as day dreams) is owning my own aircraft... In which case I will see you at Temora one day soon in the future.

Hey Windsor, I don't assume anything much. I am an engineer and scientist, I tend to rely on facts....so, no I made no assumptions about your air time, I did however guess that you would be interested in Temora....so get on an oil burner or find a lift. Someone from up there will be heading down and will be glad of the assistance with the fuel bill.

You dad has got real class....6th and STILL gets laid, hats of to dad.

Later, Qwerty

PS start refering to them as plans not dreams.....the power of positive thinking!!

I am aware that my sense of humor is a bit off beat sometimes. Cheers, Qwerty

You should be ashamed of yourself Qwerty, your sense of humor is similar to mine:biggrin:'

Bear in mind that some folks just don't have one.

You'll be right mate, just let the dust settle.

Regards

Planey

Hey Planey, Great to see you here. I spend most of my time laughing at myself. I have some way-out thoughts....I darent share them..I'd get locked up, I'm not very PC.

That reminds me that I can prove conclusively that racism and predjudice in particular are a natural and normal part of the human condition and the EVERYONE is prejudiced whether they like it or not....AND that life would be impossible without being prejudiced. Its a great way to start a debate and find out who can think and who can't.

Cheers, Qwerty

Hey... We might get banned for going off thread.... Lol

But seriously... this is good and just the sort of banter that I like to read. Things have been a little slow around here lately. Lets hope that we can spark things up a bit.

If I was a moderator, I would have issued you with three infringement fines and you would have a 6 week ban already, mostly for not finding a ride to Temora and partly for letting a silly thing like the monsoon from stopping you flying. :eek: :warning2:

Guest Chainsaw
If I was a moderator, I would have issued you with three infringement fines and you would have a 6 week ban already, mostly for not finding a ride to Temora and partly for letting a silly thing like the monsoon from stopping you flying. :eek: :warning2:

I like to watch LOL

Maybe we should shove this in Chit Chat guys.

Thanks for your contributions, it's entertaining!

I am closing this thread and giving each of you a 3 day ban....

Ohhh ****, I'm Glenn not you know who.... so you are all reinstated :biggrin:

Keep it up guys, but do remember to play nice in serious threads. This is not one of those.

Love you all