Archerfield Head Scratcher

mnewbery

Yep, I remember reading a few years ago about the government at the time looking at doing a new airport at JW.I think they were looking at building it and selling archerfield.I think it may have even gone international. A pipe dream I think. They, the government at the time where copping alot of flack from plebs about aircraft noise.From memory the Brissy second rumway was a heated argument at the time.

This was a few years ago and from memory as I remember it.

There's also a proposal for development of a private GA airport a fair way inland. Can't remember the name of the place. But it was a purely commercial venture where the developer was selling either freehold or very long leases.

Anyone remember what that one was?

Guest Michael Coates

Yes, not far from Gatton but like a lot of these projects they just start up with all the press releases and then wither away

It's like Essendon - car yards one end, Direct Factory Outlets (DFO) at the other, a shopping mall in the old car park, Linfox offices near the control tower, two and three storey office blocks adjacent to hangar areas. Aviation getting pushed out left right and centre.