Spotting And Photography In Australia

Guest Scottish ATC

Guest Scottish ATC

Hi,

Myself and 2 colleagues, who are all Air traffic Controllers from the Scottish and Oceanic Air Traffic Control centre in Prestwick, are visiting Australia next march on a Spotting and aviation Photography trip. we are visiting Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. I have lots of information on where to take photos from etc, but what I am looking for is information on any hotels near these airports that have good views for photography as well as being good to stay in. Is anyone able to help.

Many thanks

Guest David C

Scottish ... I can certainly recommend the Stamford Hotel at Sydney Airport . I have stayed there a few times , and have requested a high level room with airport views in the past , they have always accommodated my request . The hotel overlooks the Qantas jet base , and has good views of the airport . It is situated almost beneath the approach to RW 16L , so again some good spotting opportunities . A good standard of hotel too . Happy spotting ..

Dave C

Guest Scottish ATC
Scottish ... I can certainly recommend the Stamford Hotel at Sydney Airport . I have stayed there a few times , and have requested a high level room with airport views in the past , they have always accommodated my request . The hotel overlooks the Qantas jet base , and has good views of the airport . It is situated almost beneath the approach to RW 16L , so again some good spotting opportunities . A good standard of hotel too . Happy spotting ..Dave C

Thanks Dave