Bloody Tiger

Admin

Every time I fly Tiger there is always a problem. At YSSY for a 5.25 flight to Melb. It's almost 6pm and we haven't even started boarding yet.

It is now approaching an hour late of departure and they just announced that they have engine problems and engineers are on board looking at the problem...how is that for instilling confidence in even getting on board now. If this is my last post then I bid all blue skies...now do we all board the plane, get strapped to the wings and start flapping 

And yet every flight I have ever had with Tiger has been spot on other than the time I had to pay $300 for the baggage. But that has nothing to do with schedules.

Yes it does happen to all of them.   The way they share information with their paying customers and the availability of alternatives is the difference between the good and the bad ones.  You should know that Ian.  You do get what you pay for but sadly the tardy sharing of information part...that doesn't cost any extra and is just a sign of inexperienced or inadequate ground handling.

Got a $10 food voucher and it is still on track, or so they say, to a 9.45 departure however 25mins to departure and no boarding started. It's just silly that I have flown Tiger 3 times and the first time was a 4hr delay, 2nd time ok and now 3rd time another long delay.

At least I can catch up on the latest season of Madam Secretary that I downloaded and watch on my tablet

Now they are saying 10.45pm...mean while other Melbourne tiger flights have left...there is a lot of very angry people here...also some Federal Police standing around

Now they are saying 10.45pm...mean while other Melbourne tiger flights have left...there is a lot of very angry people here...also some Federal Police standing around

I'm not 100% on it, but there is a point where they have to put you on another flight, regardless of which airline. Maybe they have to officially cancel the flight first?

Another announcement on the part...sorry but we can no longer confirm the previous announcement of a 10.45 departure. The fed cops are now also coping it from some very angry pax

Pilot just announced he has another fault and this time is the nav system. He is trying to get that fixed whilst he negotiates a dispensation from curfew. He has asked to give him 20 mins.

So sitting in plane for at least another 20mins before we know anything

You fly in planes because they are quick from point to point. That experience would really put the Pax off even though they had never got on.. You would have been near Wangaratta in the Mondeo. Nev

It was so funny watching the standard personality types at the gate lounge...you know the aggravator, the complainer, the person that tries to group people together to stage a coup, the people that accept that they can't change anything so they just sit back and accept it, the bonding of people with a common interest  etc.

The other funny thing is the group cheering when it was announced we were going to board, the group yell when the pilot said he had bad news about the nav system, the laughter when the recorded safety message said we take your safety seriously at Tiger and especially when the Captain said his normal spiel of We hope you have enjoyed your experience flying with Tiger today

They could of course have boarded you initially and taken off, not worrying about the faults. then they could have found them in mid air. Would that have been better?

Never having flown Tiger I would not know, but only last week there was a one hour delay in my flight, due to engine starting problems. At least I was kept advised of the problems and have no problems with the operator. That is the joy of flying yourself.

• 4 months later...

Well here I am again...sitting here at Sydney Airport waiting for my flight to Melb. Came up this morning on Tiger and going back with them and everything has gone like clockwork. Departed Melb on time this morning and at this stage there seems to be no changes to my flight back home.

I wonder whether having Virgin as there owners now is impacting Tiger's reliability but even though I may keep givng them the chance until they start to stuff up as anything would be better than Jetstar and my travel woes with them.