Bloody Jetstar

Admin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They cut seat prices to sell tickets so need high load factors (like 100%) to cut even. Best way to fill is to cancel earlier flights. They may have scheduled it knowing it won't go. If your flight has connections to overseas flights you are in a real bind. Missing a connection en route is a real problem. If you book with a mob that only goes somewhere every second day, you must be a chronic Gambler.

These operators operate RPT..REGULAR PUBLIC TRANSPORT and publish schedules. That's part of the description. Schedule means a timetable not a wish list..

Back where Turbo is referring they used to be accused of overbooking flights to cover the inevitable "no shows" They probably did and when the no shows showed, there was not enough seats. 85 % used to be considered a good load factor. That also gave some flexibility for last minute hopefuls getting on but the race to the bottom is what people want as far as prices, it's just buy the cheapest "ALL Airlines are as safe as each other". Sure Pigs fly too.. But World Airlines had a magic year last year with an almost impossible nil deaths. That does not mean all rules were observed universally. People operating in the SYSTEM know what goes on.

I suggest you make a more calculating choice of Airline and not go for "apparent" lowest price either. If you use the cheapest you will keep on getting less service than is available for a slightly higher price . Some airlines look after you when you get stuck somewhere. If you divert to someplace where "Whoopee Airlines" has no staff stationed .. why would you expect them to be able to move the plane around quickly and provide a "normal " level of customer service? The crew run out of hours and what then? Who pays for fuel,signs out the Plane ? Perhaps the Captain does. so there you go. Nev

I will be looking at RPT cancellations very closely till the end of this year after this thread as I have some multi-leg trips coming up and getting stuck half way would make it easier to just go home.

I don't have the option to fly JQ from where I am but I could fly Tiger Scare Ways on some legs. (Apologies to all the good and safe Tiger pilots its not you its everything else about Tiger)

Not. Going. To happen.

Happily this narrows it down to QANTAS or catching a ferry.

Whoever said "Don't fly near or at the same time as Ian" is probably on the money. To that end I will be flying on Wednesdays around lunch time

They cut seat prices to sell tickets so need high load factors (like 100%) to cut even. Best way to fill is to cancel earlier flights. They may have scheduled it knowing it won't go. If your flight has connections to overseas flights you are in a real bind. Missing a connection en route is a real problem. If you book with a mob that only goes somewhere every second day, you must be a chronic Gambler.These operators operate RPT..REGULAR PUBLIC TRANSPORT and publish schedules. That's part of the description. Schedule means a timetable not a wish list..

Back where Turbo is referring they used to be accused of overbooking flights to cover the inevitable "no shows" They probably did and when the no shows showed, there was not enough seats. 85 % used to be considered a good load factor. That also gave some flexibility for last minute hopefuls getting on but the race to the bottom is what people want as far as prices, it's just buy the cheapest "ALL Airlines are as safe as each other". Sure Pigs fly too.. But World Airlines had a magic year last year with an almost impossible nil deaths. That does not mean all rules were observed universally. People operating in the SYSTEM know what goes on.

I suggest you make a more calculating choice of Airline and not go for "apparent" lowest price either. If you use the cheapest you will keep on getting less service than is available for a slightly higher price . Some airlines look after you when you get stuck somewhere. If you divert to someplace where "Whoopee Airlines" has no staff stationed .. why would you expect them to be able to move the plane around quickly and provide a "normal " level of customer service? The crew run out of hours and what then? Who pays for fuel,signs out the Plane ? Perhaps the Captain does. so there you go. Nev

The US does that, and it's irritating because often they have to convince legitimate passengers who have booked and paid and arrived early. You're sitting there with five minutes to departure and the staff are calling for volunteers to get off and take the next flight and get a reward of $100.00 cash, then $200.00, then "the plane's not going until another three get off etc" It's a disgusting process.

The Cut - price model here is different.

Maybe those blokes are too professional to need a checklist.

The modern aircraft checklists have saved countless lives, but were born out of a tragedy. In the mid-1930s, when several companies were competing for a new multi-engine bomber contract. In front of the assembled officers, Boeing's entry, the prototype of the B-17, took off and climbed until it stalled. Lots of irreplaceable engineers were killed in the ensuing fireball.

They'd forgotten to remove the elevator gust lock pin.

Hey guys, remember last week I thought I would try and catch Jetstar out by booking in on the earlier flight i.e. instead of the 6:15 flight I changed to the 5:25 flight, and remember they the cancelled that flight on me...well...I thought I would try that again and book the 5:25 flight and low and behold, THEY HAVE CANCELLED THAT ONE AGAIN. here is this weeks excuse:

"Dear MR Ian Baker,

Due to engineering requirements your flight JQ517 27/07/2018 from Sydney to Melbourne has been cancelled.

We apologise for the unexpected change to your travel plans. For help with your booking, or to check available alternate flights, choose an option below:"

BUT, what is even more frustrating is that the next flight I could transfer to was back to the 6:15 flight, you know the one that they keep delaying...they didn't give me an option of an earlier flight.

I tell you, bloody Jetstar is out to get me any way they can

I wonder, are representatives from d3thStar reading this thread? If they are ...

Customer Guarantee | Jetstar

We certainly understand the impact this can cause, and our firm commitment to minimising cancellations is evidenced by Jetstar having one of the lowest cancellation rates of any major airline in Australia over the first five years of its operation. At Jetstar we never cancel flights on the day of departure for commercial reasons, or when we have not sold enough seats.

So, is not having enough pilots at the same time of the week a commercial reason or not? What about cancellation rates now, since 2010?

Australia's worst airlines and airports for cancellations | finder.com.au

(for those who TL/DR;) From July 2010 to June 2017 Jetstar is the 2nd worst overall behind QANTAS for cancellations and Sydney is the 5th worst airport

Also from Customer Guarantee | Jetstar

If on the day you're due to travel we have confirmed a delay of more than 45 minutes or we cancel your flight, and we are aware of the delay or cancellation more than two hours before the scheduled departure time, then we commit to:

• advising you or your travel agent via SMS and/or time permitting a phone call, using the relevant contact details provided in your booking;

• if you are not available and your voicemail is active, leaving you a message; and

• if your flight is cancelled, offering alternative transport arrangements to get you to your destination at no additional cost to you, usually on the next available Jetstar flight before or after your booked flight.

If we fail to meet this commitment, call us and we'll provide you with a $50 Jetstar travel voucher. View voucher information and full details.

In summary, you could pay more for the same trip on QANTAS and conceivably get less service (or free entry to the lounge) and still end up on a d3thStar flight because the QANTAS one got cancelled too.

What value a 'Customer Guarantee' when all they have to do is lie about the reason or timing of the delay? Not only that, if you are eligible for a $50 voucher, you have to know of that eligibility and ask for it???

Next week I am flying on the Thursday, have to be in Melb on the Friday for eye surgery, but the following week I am booked for Friday on the 4pm flight this time. I can't wait

Well the flight departed just about on time except this time because my purchased seat was allstuffed up duw to my flight being cancelled I ended up sitting at one end of the plane and there wasn't any room in the overhead locker so my bag ended up at the other end of the plane. This meant tha I ended up being the last person off the plane even though I had purchased a seat to be one of the first people off the plane

• 3 months later...

Well the emails from jetstar have already started advising that my flight from YSSY to YMML may be delayed due to weather in Sydney...it is pretty blowy here at the moment so at least a clap to Jetstar for letting me know however it doesn't really mean anything as you still have to get to the airport in time just in case your flight isn't delayed...oh well, the joys of domestic commercial flying

Sydney is down to one runway (East West) due wind, that will cause chaos.

I have just had my 12:20 Q flight out of Mt Isa cancelled and put on a 18:00 flight which gets me into Brisbane too late to get a flight to Sydney and in any case no available flights ATM from Brisbane to Sydney, so stuck in Brisbane overnight.  Wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't the fourth day in a row Q have cancelled the midday flight out of Mt Isa; and they don't tell you till the morning of the flight.  Doesn't stop them blaming the weather though for all four days.

We try to get on line to change the flights from what they have selected and it says cant change on line and to call them.  We try and call then and its a one hour + call queue, 30 minutes in, the call drops out.  We go to the airport to get assistance ... no Q staff anywhere, because the flight has been cancelled and a bunch of people there who didn't get the message.  Bloody great service Q, no one there on one of the most lucrative routes you sell.  Cut the costs out of the business so much that it is now hurting your reputation.

Real bugga, as I had a family commitment tonight.

Commercial aviation, becoming almost as unreliable as private flying.

1hr delay on my flight so far...was planned departure of 18:10 now 19:10.

How are you coping @David Isaac I asked a guy I work with who has an R44 if he wanted a trip up your way and he said not on your bloody life in this wind

• 2 months later...

I gave up on jetstar and have been flying Tiger without any real problem...the latest my flight out of Sydney was ever delayed was about 40mins and I never had my early Monday morning flight cancelled...BUT...I thought I would try jetstar again, first flight back with them is this evening and already received an SMS saying my flight has been cancelled. I have had to be moved to another flight and looks like I have lost my 1F seat that paid extra for.

STAY AWAY FROM JETSTAR