YTYA Petition Help Save our Airport

Our airport at Tyabb (PAC) is under an aggressive attack by the local shire!

PAC has been operating for over 50+ years, is one of our much loved main attractions , hosts amazing events for the locals (ppl come from all over Australia to attend) & importantly is a place of employment for so many! Peninsula Aero Club is under a direct & blunt attack by the Mornington Peninsula Shire - on Monday this week, without warning or consultation, the club & other businesses on the airport grounds received letters from the shire to stop work!

"The Shire has raised concerns that it is unable to locate permits which allow the Club to continue to operate as it has been doing for more than 50 years."

These missing permits are believed to include those that allow:

• the use of the land as an Airport or Airfield

• the operation of the flying school

• a transport terminal

• a place of assembly

• a major sport and recreational facility

• a major events facility (the biennial air show)

Following quoted by PAC President Jack Vevers "If these stop-work notices were to be enforced it would mean a massive loss of jobs and damage to local families and surrounding businesses," Vevers said.

"This is a direct response to the continuous attacks from the anti-airport faction and the shire appears to be attempting to thwart the potential for these businesses to access their existing use rights.

"The shire’s approach has been bombastic to say the least, and in some instances over the past few weeks, may have been unlawful with regards to our permit applications.

"It is our contention that PAC has permits and rights to support all of these functions and we will be defending our rights of existence after more than 55 years."

>>>Please note that the donation pop up is NOT affiliated with Peninsula Aero Club or Loz Chai this is purely a campaign run by change.org & IF you do choose to make a donation when you sign it goes towards ADVERTISING our petition & sharing to more people via change.org. <<<

Take that EXTRA step by emailing your local council.

Please sign & share with family & friends. We won't stop the FIGHT to keep our slice of aviation paradise

LETS SAVE TYABB'S PENINSULA AERO CLUB!!!!

I'm not sure we have the latest, or correct story here. What I've read is that the Council have stopped operations for one hour every Sunday, which is different to trying to close down the airport. That's also a contentious claim because the Church its being closed for no longer exists.

However, even if the Council can't find the records (which might well be stored at the Public Record Office in West Melbourne, there's nothing to stop the owners producing their copies.

If both copies can't be found, a witness to the original details can still appear at VCAT.

If a Place of Worship is permitted near the airfield, and someone decides to build one, the Airport still has existing rights to the noise it has producing regardless of whether any paperwork can be found or not, I would think.

Vev often makes comments on this site, and I wouldn't be getting too excited unless he specifically asked for help.

The problem with this Petition is if the facts are not in line with the problem it's discounted.

• Haha 1

Just watched current affair. What a bunch of Douches. Typical of greenies and desk jockeys that have never done anything but criticise any one doing their own thing or having a go. I bet the airfield was there way before any of the people complaining were living there. They more than likely would have bought cheap because of location, then go on to complain. I hope this is a battle that goes in the favour of all of you guys who use and make a living from the airfield.

Good luck

I'm not sure we have the latest, or correct story here. What I've read is that the Council have stopped operations for one hour every Sunday, which is different to trying to close down the airport. That's also a contentious claim because the Church its being closed for no longer exists.

However, even if the Council can't find the records (which might well be stored at the Public Record Office in West Melbourne, there's nothing to stop the owners producing their copies.

If both copies can't be found, a witness to the original details can still appear at VCAT.

If a Place of Worship is permitted near the airfield, and someone decides to build one, the Airport still has existing rights to the noise it has producing regardless of whether any paperwork can be found or not, I would think.

Vev often makes comments on this site, and I wouldn't be getting too excited unless he specifically asked for help.

The problem with this Petition is if the facts are not in line with the problem it's discounted.

Confirmed tonight it does have the potential to shut down all operators so please disregard the above.

Thank you to everyone that has offered their support to help keep PAC and the businesses on the airport open.

There are around 100 people who work across the airport who are under direct threat by the Shire’s letters to stop work. We are currently in a truce where the Shire said they will not enforce the stop work direction while we are talking, which is good. However it is only a disagreement away from them pushing the button to shut us down.

PAC’s legal opinion informs us we have all of the permits we require to operate, including Existing Use Rights after more than 50 years of continuous operation.

The Council is extremely focused in trying to apply new restrictions to our operations and strangle what has become a vibrant and very successful Aero Club and Commercial operation, just to appease a small but noisy anti-airport lobby group.

PAC has been swimming against a tide of a declining aviation industry and has been growing our membership and are almost 600 strong and have a reach of over 1000 people directly connected to the Club.

PAC has adopted a position in the community of trying to be a "force for good" and has donated over $100,000 in cash to charities from our last 2 airshows, collected 500 toys last year from our toy run, do over a 100 Angel Flights each year and support numerous charities with joy flights and TIFs each month. We hold regular open days for the community where hundreds come out to look at our collection of vintage, antique and warbirds for free. We have become part of the community, except for a handful of malcontents who have infiltrated the Council and convinced them to attempt to apply new and old (Church Hour) restrictions to our operations.

We still need all the support we can muster to get the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council to back off and allow us to maintain our continuous use which we have a lawful right to do.

We encourage you to write to our Shire and use social media to encourage others to do the same. My only request in terms of the content is to be respectful in making your points as anything less does not help our case.

Email to:

[email protected]

Regards

Jack Vevers

President - PAC

• Like 4