Youth incentives

On the 3rd and 17th of February this year a small group of cadets from Penrith Cadet Division St.John Ambulance went out to The Oaks for TIF's with Dave from Dave's flying school.

This was so successfully we have another bigger group start flying and they want more, which we plan to do. The picture is of the whole group that took to the air.

Our intention is to get at least twenty of these cadets their pilots certificate with pax and xcountry endorsements.

Fund raising is now in full swing and we also will be approaching next year Sydney University for places in their Aviation Construction course 1400, so we will have builders as well as fliers in our group.

We also intend to eventually purchase a kit for them to build then fly.

Most of our initial group are too young(15-16) for entry into any of the cadet pilot schemes at this time but if we can get them into the air and trained, we hope we are giving them a leg into the aviation world be that pilots or engineers and at the same time expanding the virtues of being St.John cadets. Our plan is to expand this to the whole of NSW and eventually win support from each State and the National HQ of St. John for this to be a National incentive with National or Corporate funding/sponsorships.

We would also like to thank the instructors for poseing for many photos, like photo two, during the day and for the many explanations and theroy of flight talks.:thumb_up:

Wow..what a fantastic idea Bob.. There's nothing like the looks on happy kids faces when they get down from a flight..I hope it all goes well for you and them..Its a great time for aviation careers in australia..

Cheers

Hi motzartmerv,

Thanks, these young people are an inspiration, they did fund raising just for the Tiff's and to pay for the BBQ and fuel for the bus too.

The hardest part is getting Corporate sponsorships. We have the instructors and the aircraft already, so if any forum member knows of someone/ some company that would like to sponsor us please let me know. Once we have our own aircraft we can do advertising for sponsors on that too.

Bob

Its good to see some young fulla's with there heads screwed on the right way..There are alot around that couldn't be botherd getting off the playstation to have a REAL game..

I can't offer any sponsership but i am doing my instructor rating at the moment, so if ya need another instructor i would love to help out (free of charge of course)..

cheers

Hi Motzartmerv,

I will take you up on that offer, once we get started we are going to be as busy as an octopus with ten hot pies!

There will be three streams working together, the flying, building two J160's and Aviation Technology studies for our first group of ten students.

We will be offering first choice to cadets within St.John in NSW but if we do not get the numbers we intend to throw it open to family of forum members too. However we do not at this time intend offering accommodation too.

Bob.