YGLB - one more nail in the coffin...

It's the reason I chose to relocate my bird to another AD not far.  The culture there is septic!

Where did you relocate to? I occasionally pick up my brother from Canberra and was using Goulburn but that doesn't look like the go anymore.

Where did you relocate to? I occasionally pick up my brother from Canberra and was using Goulburn but that doesn't look like the go anymore.

Cootamundra. Such a nice AD too, and very well positioned to go pretty much anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late to this discussion. I'm about to re-locate my Jodel D11 from YTEM to a paddock on the western boundary 04/22 after failed negotiations to install a gate.  ☺️

PLEASE can we here have a policy of NOT using aerodrome codes ? What's the point if most won't easily know where the place is  that you are talking about. as many of them are not really intuitive.. Nev

• Agree 7

At one stage Bankstown had a fee for pushing an aircraft out of the hangar and another to push it back in. 

they bundled those under “movement fee”.  Normal people defined aircraft movements as being under their own power, taxying  etc. 

but the owners considered any time the aircraft was moving, even being pushed through the door as a movement. 

This BAD situation could have been predicted by anyone with half a brain who cared to think about it. I say again. Glad we are the CLEVER country otherwise we would be stuffed. Privatisation is death by a thousand cuts for occupiers of Aerodromes. Franchising works similarly. Nev

The general view is that pursuit of allegedly quick profit is all that's motivating things, these days. Your worth is measured by how rich you are. You could end up being a grown up version of the Poor little RICH kid who can't enjoy playing in mud as he doesn't know you could. Nev

• Like 1

I hear a lot of smaller AD's are fitting cameras and doing their own collecting as Avdata take a pretty big lump of the money they collect.

I hear rumours in the 70% range !

On my computer they are images. Just click on them and expand.

Of interest to me is the point being made from the images. I'm unsure as to what it is. Matty, would you care to elaborate please?

Last Sunday afternoon was a glorious day to go flying at Goulburn but there was no one around. Normally I'd see a half dozen aircraft based at Goulburn airport flying. It could be coincidental but the sign/pole is a likely contributor.

Next to the sign is a pole. On top of the pole is a camera to record the movements so the airport owner can charge aircraft owners using taxiway delta. 

The owner of the hangar I rent from did some measurements during the week. I'm not sure that it is much consolation but the claim is the sign/pole is illegal. The sign/pole are within 22 meters from the taxiway center line. I'm told that at a licenced airfield it should be 32 meters.

I left on Sunday, after my flight, thinking about other airport options.

Sorry folks. Pole location as described above appears to comply with aerodrome standards for taxiway clearances.