Extended range tanks rv7 manufacturers

nig71

I'm interested in long range tip tanks for my rv7 project after seeing some 25L per side ones in an rv6. I live pretty remote and envisage missions like flying out a thousand km for clearing sales and back again.  Saving me finding fuel in the wheat belt. 

The ones I can find are from hotel whiskey aviation.  About $2k  aud plus freight. 

I'm told there may be someone making them in Australia. 

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

John Johansen in South Australia made them for his around the world RV4 and I believe he was selling them. You could try googling him.

Several other Rv's have had tip tanks fitted and at least one I know of was just a modification of the Vans built wingtips, that is on an RV10A.

• Helpful 1

John Johansen in South Australia made them for his around the world RV4 and I believe he was selling them. You could try googling him.

Several other Rv's have had tip tanks fitted and at least one I know of was just a modification of the Vans built wingtips, that is on an RV10A.

Thanks for that, had a chat to him this afternoon,  he doesn't really make them anymore but is going to make some for himself shortly, he will make some up for me at the same time. 

He reckons they are 42L per side, will have to watch weight.