Testing the new 360 camera

Michael Hille

My first attempt at the new camera setup 

Michael you've nailed it! I've played with cameras for over half a century, but I've never found one that would fly in front of the wing, like a dolphin skimming a ship's bow wave. Magic?

Apart from the camera setup, I'm green with envy watching rotten buggers like you having so much fun!

• Like 2

Hahah Old Koreelah that is the best response I have had to date on this and I’ve had heaps on Facebook leave messages ... I love it ??

It’s so much fun being able to go beaches off the beaten track and with this camera setup now I can get everyone I fly with in the clips .

• Like 1

" I'm green with envy watching rotten buggers like you having so much fun!" said O,K.

But you still FLY, (hopefully).

I can't even sit in my BIRD, & pretend to fly anymore !. (can't get the LEGOVER) LoL.

spacesailor

• Like 1

" I'm green with envy watching rotten buggers like you having so much fun!" said O,K.

But you still FLY, (hopefully).

I sure can, Spacey. Trouble is other duties have got in the way for a few months.

I hope to take my little baby to the airport this weekend, do a few days testing and then fly to Parkes for AirVenture. 

I can't even sit in my BIRD, & pretend to fly anymore !. (can't get the LEGOVER) LoL.

spacesailor

Cripes! It's bluddy serious when you can't get your leg over!

• Like 1

YOU HAVE AN ENGINE LIFT HANDY FOR ME ?. Just can't bend the left hip, so no pedaling a bike, or getting that stupid leg over the Girls cross bar.

Just back from Hydrotherapy & a walk, Home to pop a pain-pill, hoping I can sleep through the pain tonight.

Three weeks ago I had two Dr's manipulate my leg, & have had agony ever since, Their verdict, an operation.

news for them I'm already 8 months into my 365 day waiting list .

spacesailorShow Reply

• Informative 1

A friend of mine showed me some pics of his Cherokee 140 with a 360 camera mounted on a short rod mounted about mid wing. The software seems to edit the rod out and it looks like the photo is taken from another aircraft. Same with yours. You can sort of see the mounting but it is only the shadow on the beach that really gives it away. In a couple of the shots it looks like you are yawing like crazy coming in to land but I guess that is the angle of the camera to the fuselage giving that optical illusion. Awesome stitching software. I have no idea how good they are but you can buy these things really cheap now as well as pay $600.00 or more.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I have a Xiaomi 360, only cost a few hundred. It works really well, and has all the bells and whistles. Makes really good footage. At the moment I mount it at the top of the canopy.

Really good for critiquing your flying, as you can look around at any point and check any instrument readout, pitch or roll attitude and control inputs etc.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

That’s no good Spacesailor hope you get better soon , 

for those interested in knowing how the pole disappeared .... I wave my magic wand and it disappears ?

Kg Wilson is correct the software edits it out during stitching providing the pole is narrower than the camera lens . It has 2 lenses capturing 240degree each and then automaticity stitches the footage for you to work with . You can the leave it raw and the person watching can pan around or you can add key frames in editing to pan to anything you want. 

• Informative 1